Chapter 27

It was one of those classic, beautiful, romantic moments. Or it was supposed to be. It didn't last long. About 10 seconds in suddenly out if absolutely nowhere, it began to pour down rain.

I broke the kiss and looked up at the sky. Rain water pelted my face. Thunder shook the ground.

Liam muttered a few colorful words under his breath. "Alright, we've got to go if we don't want to get electrocuted," he rolled his eyes.

I nodded in agreement. We paddled to the side of the pool and jumped out. Our towels were surprisingly still relatively dry. I wrapped mine around my shoulders, scooped up my clothes, and followed Liam off the pool deck. He grabbed my hand and we began sprinting back to the other side of the complex.

"Well that was fun," Liam gasped for air as he shut the door of his unit.

"Yeah, swimming was a great idea," I was breathing heavily from all of the running too.

"Sorry about that," Liam shrugged. "Do you forgive me?"

"How could I say no to that face?" I shook my head.

"Now where were we before we were so rudely interrupted?" Liam gently pushed me against the closed door and we continued our kiss.

"Am I interrupting something?" Niall appeared in the doorway behind us.

"Not again," Liam muttered.

"Can we help you Niall?" I asked sweetly.

"I was just about to head out," he shook the car keys in his hand. "But you're kind of blocking the exit,"

We shuffled over to let him leave. "See you later, mate," Liam said shooing Niall away.

"Now don't you two kids try anything while I'm gone!" He laughed hysterically as he left.

Liam rolled his eyes. "Why don't we get changed and head upstairs?"

"Sounds good," I said proceeding to Liams room.

"You know, we should really think about living together," Liam remarked.

I was surprised to hear Liam say that. A bold move on his part. "I agree," I said. "We stay over with each other practically every night now. It would make perfect sense,"

"Things would be so much easier," he added tossing me one of his dry t-shirts and a pair of shorts.

"Thanks," I said changing out of my wet bathing suit quickly.

Liam sat down on the bed. "I wanted to ask you something," he said quietly.

"I'm listening,"

"So I was wondering about you and me and Harry," his voice was shaking slightly. "Do you like him more than me? Because I really need to know," he added more confidently.

"Why do you ask? I thought you always knew the answer to that question," I paused letting him continue.

"Well, the other night I had this dream. And it kind of scared me," he explained. "You were in this gorgeous wedding dress and you were getting married. To Harry. Not me. I was out of the picture," he stopped.

Now I finally knew why he was tossing and turning that night. And this was what Niall wanted to tell me about.

"Liam," I started.

"I just wanted to make sure you to know that whatever happens, I love you. I want to be with you. I don't know how he feels, or exactly your thoughts, but if you honestly believe that all you want is him," Liam sighed.

Saying nothing, I walked over and sat down on the bed next to him. I pecked his lips and wrapped me arms around him. "It's always been you. I'm going to tell Harry to be rematched," I voiced my decision.

Even though I couldn't see Liam's face, I knew he was now beaming.

"I love you so much," he said happily. Still in the hug, he rolled us over and laid down on the bed so that he was on top of me.

"I love you too," I bit my lip looking up into his brown eyes.

He gave me a quick kiss and pulled us up off the bed. "I hate to ruin this moment, but I've really got to piss,"