Chapter 6

Max pov

This time it was two weeks till was saw Percy again. The second that they threw him into his cage I could tell something was wrong. He was extremely pale and all the shadows in the room seemed to form around him. Also across his fingers electricity surged.

"Percy?" I whispered. His eyes shot open. I jumped back. Instead of his sea green they were black and I swore ever ounce and awhile I could see sea green lightning flash behind them.

"The pain..." he whispered.

"Where does it hurt?" I asked.

"Not me this place... so much pain... so much death..." he whispered staring into his own shadow. "How does Nico live like this?" he muttered.

"Nico? What does he have to do with this?" fang asked. Percy had told us about Nico I just didn't see why he was talking about him.

"They injected me with blood of Hades." He muttered. "Now I can feel every time someone dies in the school."

"Oh Percy..." I reached out to hold his hand but I got electrocuted instead.

He jerked his hand back "also got injected with the blood of Zeus."

"So what does this mean?" Nudge asked.

"It means I am a son of the three eldest gods." Percy said solemnly.

~two months later~

It seemed like every day Percy got a new power and the whites coats wanted to test it. First he started making miniature storms in his cage. Then it was skeletal worriers popping up everywhere. I was getting pretty worried about Percy. He just seemed so distant. He had stopped making jokes and he had completely stopped trying to fight the Erasers.

The white coats were doing more and more tests on him. With the stories he had told us of his adventures he seemed like the strongest person in the world. So it just about broke me when one day he was thrown back into his cage and he was crying. I could tell that they'd done more tests on him.

About two weeks ago they had started doing strength tests on him. They would make him lift enormous amounts of weight. He would run for hours on end without stopping. Ever sense he had been injected Percy was stronger but he didn't look it. He was so pale and thin. His shirt was tight enough on him you could see his ribs. But at the same time they had upgraded Percy's cage because he had broken out of his first one.

Right now Percy was sleeping in the corner of his dog crate. He didn't want to admit it but I could tell his wings were giving him pain. As he slept it seemed like all the shadows in the room formed around him.