Chapter 14

Annabeth pov

Could it really be him? could it really be my Seaweed brain? I looked over at the others. They were thinking the same thing. Me Nico Thalia and Grover all ran up to him. but when we got up to him we all stopped. He was almost unrecognizable. He was extremely pale and so thin you could see his ribcage from underneath his shredded t shirt. His hair hadn't been cut so it hung down two his shoulders in a matted bloody mess. Wait bloody?! I looked down and saw that Percy had several gashes across his body. He didn't get those in the fight with Kronos. What happened before he got here?

"Percy!" I yelled with joy sitting down next to him. whatever that was that he did to Kronos had really wiped him out. "Percy!" I yelled again in his ear even louder. He slowly started to stir.

"Annabeth?" he asked weakly opening his eyes. I gasped instead of his boatful sea green eyes staring back at me all I saw were cold black eyes. His head then fell over to its side and he passed out again.

Nico put a hand on my shoulder "he needs help." And with that he bent down and picked him up. What worried me was that Percy was light enough for Nico to carry bridal steal all the way to the infirmary. What had happened to my Percy while he was missing?