Chapter 7

Percy pov

I slowly started to wake up when I felt pain. Not my own but someone else's. I looked over at the cage next to min and saw that a small girl had been put there. I looked at her with pity.

"She was just brought in." max said.

I just stared at her. She had blonde hair and looked at me with big sad grey eyes. What is a child of Athena doing in a place like this?! She was covered in boils and her skin was cracking. "She's dying. I can feel it." I murmured to myself. The rest of the flock just looked at me. I put my hand on the little girls cage and closed my eyes "her spirit is wavering... she is about to die." And right when I said it I could feel her spirit pass.

I shook my head in disgust "that's it. I am getting you guys out of here." And with that I started concentrating. I focused on the blood of Hades running through my veins. I had seen Nico shadow travel before. It seemed like he would pull the shadows to him then he would slide through them.

I concentrated on the shadows on the outside of my cage and just like that I was out. Everyone just looked at me with awe as I undid their cages.

We then all jumped through the window and were on our way. That is until Erasers with wings came after us. Oh and did I mention they had guns! I had told Max and the others to keep going. I would catch up. Time to use some lightning I thought. I outstretched my hands and there was a pull in my gut. I focused on that pull and tugged harder. The sky got dark and out of knows where a lightning bolt came and killed all the Erasers.

I could hear the flock cheering but their voices were distant. That last surge of power had wiped me out I blacked out and felt myself start falling to the ground.