2/2

"Mav," he said, "I've known you long enough to know when something's wrong."
I looked at him. Icemans uniform was soaked all the way through. Something had changed in Kazansky.
"I'm fine Ice." I snarl.
"The way you ran out doesn't say so Mav." He said,"If it's about Goosche man up Mav. This happens to everyone."
I got oddly bold.
"Man up??!!!" I exclaim, "You don't understand!!!"
"Tell me what I don't understand then Mav." He said his eyes burning into mine.  "Its my fault damnit!!My fault Goosche is dead. I got caught in your tailwind causing our engine to stall and the thrusters to go out, its my fault Ice!So don't tell me to man up!!!!!"
It was really neither of our faults, but they had to blame somebody, so why not me?
"That was just a training flight Maverick. Accidents happen, that's why we perform training runs so we can prevent accidents like these." He said.
I looked at him in disbelief.
"I almost drowned Ice!!! I almost drowned!!!" I screamed crying, "I could have died and no one would have cared!!!!"
He tilted his head his blue eyes burning into mine as tears burned my cut cheeks from the accident. Iceman brushed wet hair that had fallen out of my tight ponytail behind my ear holding my head to his chest while I cryed. Something in Iceman had changed. He's supposed to be cold as Ice. I felt his hand on the small of my back.