Your New Instructor

Iceman waited impatiently with the others for the instructor when he looked around noticing my absence. Icemans throat got tight.
"Hey FlameThrower, have you seen Maverick?" Ice asked.
"Nah man." Flamethrower said, "You were comatose when I got back, and you were alone."
"I know that!!" He snapped, "Do you know where she is?"
"Nope." Flamethrower says.
"Shut the hell up and sit yo ass down somewhere already." Ice snarled as Viper arrived.
"Sorry for the wait men,but you have a new instructor for this briefing, you all may know her as call sign Maverick."
Ice began to move his gold pen between his fingers as I walked down the space between the seats head tilted as I stood next to Viper my eyes scanning the room and our eyes met. It was too late now to quit. Ice seemed surprised.
"Before we get started does anyone have any questions?" I say regretting that statement as Slider rose his hand.
"How high is your clearance level," Slider said, "ma'am?"
"Higher than yours. Anymore questions," I say as a hand went halfway up, "that's not about me?"
The hand went back down as I got an approving smirk from Iceman and I slightly nodded my head to Iceman before I started the briefing.