2/2

The facts that Maverick is about to explain I got from:
https://en.m.Wikipedia.org/ wiki/Grumman_F-14_Tomcat , https://www.thrillist.com/cars/things-you-didn-t-know-about-the-f-14-tomcat-facts-history-and-trivia-about-the-plane-from-top-gun
I do not own these facts Wikipedia and Thrill list do.
**********
I picked my focus point and used it when I looked up.
"Okay guys," I say, "Does anyone know what this is?"
I held up a piece of a demolished combat jet skystriker part in my hands.
Ice's hand went halfway up.
"The Variable scheduling." He said, "Ramp Air Intake."
"Correct." I say turning the screen coming on behind me as I moved out of the way using the clicker and a picture of an aircraft came up.
"The Grumman F-14 Tom is a supersonic, twin engine, two seat, variable-sweep wingfighter aircraft. The Tomcat was developed for the United States Navy's Naval Fighter Experimental (VFX) program following the collapse of the f-111B project. The F-14 was the first of the Teen series fighters in America designed for the experience of air comabt against MiG fighters during the Vietnam war."
Iceman shifted in his seat listening intently as I scanned the room with my eyes again and moved on to the next slide transitioning gracefully.
"The F-14's famous variable sweep wings came from the Legendary X Planes. The F-14 wings can be set to different angles depending on the speed needed to be achieved. The BellX-5 is the first plane that could reposition its wings while mid-air flying, when the concept was borrowed from the Messerschmidt P.1101." I say changing the picture again feeling Icemans eyes on me.
"The first flight occured on December 21, 1970. Between low light and inclement weather it was cut short. On December 30, the plane suffered a hydraulic failure shortly during takeoff, forcing both crew members to eject before an emergency landing was plausible. They both survived, though the pilot died in a separate F-14 crash a year-and a-half later." Slider said.
"Yes." I say smiling.
'These boys have been doing their homework I see.' I thought.
"With afterburners, the engine produces over 55,000 pounds of thrust. That's a ton, even for a plane that weighs 43,000 pounds." He said catching my attention quickly, "Flat out, the F-14 can top 1,500 miles per hour."
I smiled nodding as Ghost rider looked at Iceman shocked at all the aircraft information he knows.
"So," I say, "Your mission today is to work on maneuvers with Viper and his RIO this afternoon on the airstrip while destroying targets that are disguised as Enemy MiG's. Good luck and see you on the strip."
The briefing was over,and now I could go change out of this monkey suit into my comfortable flight suit for the maneuvers this afternoon. Ice caught up to me as I made my way to the locker room falling in step with me.
"Did you know?" He said.
"I didn't. Until I got back to my quarters last night and Viper called to tell me." I say when he nodded.
"Okay." He says.
"Wait Ice I.." I watched him walk away from me.