Mettaton x child! reader

Robot? No. Monster or even a ghost? Nope. Little (y/n) was just a little kid with no parents. That is, until one day...a very feminine robot came to your little orphanage. You had heard all about him and how he came from underground like a zombie with other monsters.

You also heard about how much of a star the robot is so you were confused on why this star would come here. It surprised you even more when he chose you! You are an extremly shy child and cant handle much attention much less paparazzi....so why you?

The first couple of weeks were hilarious, you couldn't tell if Mettaton was a boy or girl and his friend Alphys got a good laugh from that. But you eventually caught on..but that same question still lingered on your mind.

"(Y/n) dearest is something the matter? My little star is being awfully quiet" you snapped out of your thoughts and turned to Mettaton, or your daddy. You smiled a bit at his nickname and spoke softly "I'm fine daddy. Just wanna sleep that's all" you two are driving home, well more like a mansion, from the mall.

Like I said your daddy's kinda feminine so you guys go there often. Ok getting off track here! Your daddy smiled "well if thats the case we're almost home sweetie!" He stopped at a red light and suddenly his face went serious "but I know that's not. (Y/n) I work with a live audience, I can tell if they're happy or not, why can't I tell that with my own child, even if we've known each other for a few weeks?"

Your face paled a bit, that question has been bothering you alot, plus you've never seen your father so serious before. Mettaton let out a sigh "we'll talk when we get home." The rest of the ride home was silent.

*timeskip*

Your father is more serious then you thought. He picked you up and brought you to the huge house you shared instead of you two carrying the millions of bags that somehow fit your car.

He opened the door and set you down on the couch, then sat next next to you. "Alright (y/n), what's bothering you?" your heat sank at his worrying tone. Your heart sank even more when you saw he had genuine concern in hos robotic eyes.

You've never had anyone like him before.

You're so grateful you have him.

But...why you? You weren't anything special compared to the other kids.

So....why you?

You teared up, which lead to actually crying. Alot. You poured your heart about how you thought you weren't anything special and how that question had been drilling into your mind.

Soon enough you felt a pair of arms wrap around you and pull you close. " (y/n)...do you want to know why I chose you?"

You shook your head yes, your fathers grip on you lossened, you took the chance to look up at him. He wiped away some of your hair and gently put it behind your ear. " because you shone (spelling?) in your own way. And I like that in people, so don't think for a second that you're not special"

You started crying even more, your heart was touched. You then wiped the tears the best you could and hugged mettaton "I love you..." you felt him stiffen up for a second, but then he hugged you as well. You felt a pair of cold lips touch your forehead "i love you too my (y/n)

(*ded*)