Chapter 11

Kale P.O.V.

Yes she's here. Too bad she won't be able to join well maybe the coach will let her to tryout.

Well they all tried by themselves then with me but all of them have failed I want them to be graceful and in sync but they are trying too much to impress me and the coach right now but they are not matching my skills and there is no way I am toning it down. I need to know if they will skate good when I am at my best. They need to try their best here with me.

So far it's not going well. I'm kinda disappointed 20 girls showed up but all have failed.

The coach let out a frustrated sigh. "Can any of you skate well to be partnered with him we need a partner by tomorrow and you all had the 'qualifications' to try out but none seem capable enough to keep up with Kale may I ask why is that?" Dan (the coach) said

The girls seemed to have blushed and have seem to have interest in the ice they where standing on.

"How about we let Faith try?" A man said standing up waving his hand toward Faith. I wasso happy I was hitting back my smile I really wanted her to tryout she seemed so graceful the first time we saw her skate. I saw my other friends nod their heads in approval and excitement to seeing her skate again.

*******************************************************************************************

Faith P.O.V

Coach was describing how the girls were doing and how Kale did not look happy and he looked stiff when he was skating with the other girls.

He said one by one went to skate. When they skated with Kale there was disappointment in the other coach's eyes at them.

So that means the coach also did not like the others.

Coach(Mike) then said that "he needs to find a partner by the end of tonight to enter into the competition for the season."

Coach Mike said "if you are wondering why he can't go by himself he wants a partner and he is in the sections where he is in the partner league and you have to go through a whole process to become a solo and he does not want to go through that."

I was about to ask my coach how did he know this. "And before you ask how I knew that. I know the coach we were best friends in high school. I stopped doing coaching for a while because I lost interest in teaching until I saw you skate that one day. " coach Mike said

I smiled at the coach I wanted to thank him but I didn't know exactly how to thank him. I was to absorbed in my thoughts that I barely registered what the other coach said.

The other coach let out a frustrated sigh. "Can any of you skate well to be partnered with him we need a partner by tomorrow and you all had the 'qualifications' to try out but none seem capable enough to keep up with Kale may I ask why is that?"

There was a moment of silence in the room. Then I felt Mike stand up and wave his hand by me.

"How about we let Faith try?" Coach Mike said.

WHAT??????? Wait one minute when did I say that I wanted too. I don't recall that. I mean I did say I wanted to thank him but not this way. You got to be kidding me they are professionals I'm A rookie! You see I have only started skating a few months ago I'm not the best and I'm probably not even at their skill level. Coach what are you thinking? Then taking in the matter that I'm Blind did hear that coach don't you remember that I'm B.L.I.N.D! Does that ring a bell not even the people at school know I'm Blind but No you happened to not take that into account how am I supposed to go out there and skate and Then! I need to skate with him I will probably hit him with one of my skates or worse even skate right into him. Uhhh I can see so many problems with this.

"If that's okay with Kale we can give her a try." The other coach said. It sounded to me that he was excited my coach did say that they were friend.

Please Kale say N.O please say No pleas oh please. You would make me the happiest person.

"Yeah let's give her a go at it." The boy who broke my hopes said rather excited may I say so.

I dropped my head and I heard a collected of gasps and 'she is not even on the list to try out why her'.

The other coach said well if you were good skaters and at least on e of you met the standards I wouldn't be letting her"

" but how can you know she is even good" a girl said in a squeaky high pitched voice.

"We won't know unless we let her now won't we. Come on down my dear and show us what you got" the other coach said.

"Come on Faith I will guide you down to the rink." Mike said.

Letting a big huff out I complied this better go well. We walked down the stairs to the ice rink I could feel the ice under my skates.

"Okay you have the ice all to yourself. All you need to do is skate a few times around the rink and do two triple axels, one high jump, and then a spin you can add more if you would like you have five minutes then you will skat with Kale. Got it okay Go! The other coach said.

I heard the music start and with a deep breath I took off skating. I hope this goes well...