First Impressions

As I slowly came back into consciences, the first thing I remember was the horrible ringing in my ears, fallowed by a spitting headache. As I became more aware of my surrounding, I realized I was laying down on something really uncomfortable and I was moving. Recent events rushed back to me and I sprung up, out if realization and fear.

I took in what was around me. I saw walls all around me. I was in the back of a van or a moving truck. I started to panic and a million ways I could escape began to flash through my head.

"Good Morning, Sleepy Head".

His voice had a dark drawl laced with a certain kind of light tone to it. I fallowed the voice. On the opposite side where I was sitting was the Joker. Everybody in Gotham knew what the joker looked like. Green slicked back hair, wild eyes, and pale skin.

He watched me as a predator watches prey. He looked so amused, waiting to see what I was gonna do next.

I screamed and started franticly trying to find a way away from him. In seconds he was next to me. One pale hand covered my mouth, his other arm pulled me close to him in a death grip.

"Shush shush shush" He hushed me.

I twisted my head and I was able to bite the fleshy part of his palm as hard as I could. He pulled away with a groan, but after a second he grabbed a fist full of my hair and slammed my head against the metal wall of the truck.

I cried even harder.

"Shut up!" He said as he stood.

The decorative metal toe of his designer dress shoe made contact with my rib. My breath caught in my throat and I began coughing and gasping for air.

He grabbed my chin between boney white fingers. He waited for me to quiet down. He jerked my face up so I was looking at him. His eyes were crazy as everybody said. They also had a glassy quality to them. They were blue-grey and blood shot. His rim and waterline were also blood red. There were dark circles under his eyes as well.

"Now are you going to be a good girl and stay quiet and calm?" He asked as his nails dug into my face as a warning.

I remained still. I didn't know what else to do.

"Good."

He dropped my chin and stood.

"What..do you want from me?" I wanted it to sound more confident but it came in nothing more than a whisper.

"You are my daughter."

When he said that one word, my blood ran cold. No. No. NO. Not me. It can't be me.

"You have the wrong girl, freak"

A quick slap to my cheek.

"No no. Im 100% right. You are Alaina Durden. You are 15 years old and were born January 15 at Gotham General. Your mothers name is Cara.

It was all right.

"Knowing that doesn't make you my father."

"No, but I am. None the less. And I've decided I want you back. You're going to come and live with me"

He was crazy. No way.

"Wanna bet?" I spat

"Yes. I think I have good odds. You wouldn't want to see your mommy or best friend or baby cousin..whats her name? Oh Angela, little baby Angela. You wouldn't want to see any of them get hurt, or ya know. Dead. Would you?"

"Sick Freak"

"Yep, that's exactly what you would be if you let anything happen to them. So we're in agreement." He said smugly.

His arrogance was really wearing thin....

To Be Continued