Turf War

He had been beating me for 20 minutes. my hands where zip tied above my head to a pipe. I don't know what put him into such a bad mood. I don't know what he means by "showing Gotham I'm his daughter". I didn't want to. It would ruin my whole life...I'm tired of him being fine one minute and horrible the next. It's confusing and hurtful.

A hard kick to my face.

"I do all of this, for you. And how to you repay me? -a kick to my stomach- You deny me and rebel against me".

"You're a terrible father!"

"Oh really!? I give you a nice place to live, I give you what ever you want, I keep you safe!"

"You kidnapped me and hold me hear against my will, I'm starving all the time because you never let me eat anything except one meal a day, and oh, yeah, you beat me every time I don't agree with you!"

"I punish you when it's needed".

"Oh ok" I said sarcastically.

He walked over and grabbed a piece of what looked to be a water pipe. He walked back to me, a wide smile on his face. He swung it and kicked at it like a batter stepping up to the plate would.

"Batter up!" He shouted.

Just as I was waiting for the pain his phone went off.

Sadness came over his face.

He walked over to the stairs where he had set it when he started my "punishment".

"WHAT!?" He answered. He listened to it for a bit, a look of annoyance came over his face fallowed by him angrily hanging it up.

"Saved by the bell, Daddy has someone he needs to hit more than you...even though I really enjoy it" He walked over and quickly cut my bindings with his switch blade.

He walked up the stairs.

I sat there not wanting to move. I hurt all over. When did getting severely beat become a usual thing for me? I was hungry and weak. I slowly stood up and walked to my bed. I crawled in and slipped into a deep sleep. I've learned thats the best thing to do after Joker does this to me..

I was jolted awake by the sound of thunder. A minute later my room lit up with a flash of lightning.

I always hated thunder and lighting. It was one of my biggest fears. I always got so scared and panicked. I looked at the clock it was 6 pm. I wondered if Joker was still mad?

I hopped up and went up stairs. Joker was at his desk looking over what appeared to be a map of Gotham..

"Dad....Daddy?" I whimpered.

"What" He said popping the T

"I'm scared.."

"Of?" He asked annoyed.

Just then thunder shook the whole house. I cowered into him.

"Don't like storms?" He asked.

I shook my head against him.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

Another huge clap of thunder. I jumped.

Joker sighed. He stood up and threw me on his shoulders and carried me over to the couch. He sat me next to him and wrapped his arm around me. "Better?" He asked.

Awkward silence.

"There's something going on. A turf war I guess"

"With? Who would be that stupid?" I asked.

"...Penguin and the Riddler...they're trying to take away my influence I have on the underground world and Gotham, take out all my men, and I guess, in the end kill me...they obviously won't succeed but I must say they're giving it the old college try and come further then I'd like"

"Oh. Are they gonna hurt me?" I asked.

"Not likely." He said with a determined smile.

TO BE CONTINUED