Monster

Hey guys sorry this chapters short. I was just wondering, how many people do I have reading this? If you're reading this story, comment please and tell me what you think. It's my first sooooo thanks xD

--

I sat on the couch and watched Mom pace from one side of our apartment's living room to the other. When she was angry or any kind of emotional she paced..

"I don't understand. I can't imagine why you thought doing that was okay! YOU COULD BE EXPELLED!" She stated

"Gwen deserved it. She's been awful to Jez forever. You should be proud of me for sticking up for my friend!" I fought back.

"Fighting for a friend is one thing, but we don't get into fights and we don't pull knives of people!"

"We don't fuck psychopaths either, but yet, here I am!" I shouted. 

Mom's eyes got wide. She opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out.

I shot up from the couch and started for the stairs.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" She shouted after me.

I didn't answer.

--

I was surprised she let me go. I've been sitting in my room now for a half an hour.  I felt bad for what I said to her. Something is really wrong with me...

I wonder what Joker's doing right now...I wonder if he's thinking about me, wondering what I'm doing. I think he'd be proud of me. 

God I'm fucked up.

A knock at my door. Mom walked it. 

"Alaina.." She said quietly.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"For...?" 

"For getting into the fight, what I said to you. I feel really bad about it. I guess I'm my father's daughter.." I trailed off.

"That was the school on the phone..you're not expelled. You're suspended for two weeks." She said.

I nodded. "Sorry" I repeated.

"Me too." She whispered.

I looked up at her. "Why?" 

She sat on my bed and held my hand. "Maybe it wasn't time to put you back in school. I can't imagine what you've been through. I don't blame you for doing what you did really. You're strong. You survived being with him. But, I don't want you to think you have to keep your guard up all the time,  you aren't in danger anymore, you don't have to get into fights, or have a knife. I just want you to go back to being happy..." She said.

She wrapped me in a hug. 

She didn't understand. I wasn't scared of Gwen, I was annoyed with her. I wanted to watch her suffer. I shouldn't feel that way but I did.

"I'm a monster." I stated softly

TO BE CONTINUED