Original | Chapter Five

(Sierra's POV)

"How about we go shopping?" Dallas asks Maddie and me as we're sitting in the living room.

Dianna and Eddie went out for a bit, Demi's upstairs, and the three of us are bored.

"I don't like shopping that much," I mumble.

"Why?" Dallas questions.

Because I'm so fat that nothing will fit. Because I have to watch what I wear to make sure my scars and cuts don't show.

I just shrug in reply.

"I'll go, but I won't buy much, if anything," I reason.

"You won't be paying for anything; I can cover that. But we need to get you some new clothes for when we enroll you in school."

"Fine," I sigh, giving in to Dallas' demands.

"Great!" she squeals. "I'll go ask Demi, too. Maybe she's in a better mood."

Dallas runs up the stairs, leaving Maddie and me on the couch.

"I'm gonna go change," Maddie announces, ditching me to go to her room to get ready.

And then there was one.

I'm already dressed, so I just wait. I don't hear any yelling from Demi yet, so maybe her mood really has brightened.

"Great news!" Dallas' squealing startles me as she runs back down the stairs.

"What?"

"Demi said that she'd love to go shopping with us. She just has to get dressed first."

I nod. I'm now worried about this shopping trip. What if Demi decides to be a bitch to me? My self-confidence is already non-existent, and she's not exactly helping the matter.

"I'm ready," both Madison and Demi chorus.

"I love your outfit, Demi," I compliment her without even thinking beforehand.

She's wearing a black tank top with a studded cross on it and dark jeans. She has black boots on her feet that have spiked heels. She's also wearing earrings and has a black purse. Her makeup is flawless: black smokey eyes and just a light amount of lip gloss. I'm kind of jealous. She looks perfect without even trying, and I'm hideous no matter what I wear.

"Oh, thanks, Sierra," she says, looking down at her feet. "I like your jacket."

"Thanks," I chirp, feeling my self-esteem rise a little with her compliment and the smile that accompanies it.

"You're welcome."

Dallas and Maddie are looking at us like we just revealed that we're aliens or something.

"What are y'all staring at?" I question while swallowing a giggle.

"Nothing," Dallas says, nervously clearing her throat. "Let's go."

The car ride is silent for a bit. Maddie and I are sitting in the back, Demi's in the passenger seat, and Dallas is driving. Maddie scoots forward in her seat and whispers something in Demi's ear that I'm not able to catch.

"Sure," Demi says with a nod.

Maddie smiles and sits back in her seat. I watch Demi pull a CD out of the glove compartment and place it into the CD player. She presses a few buttons to change the track listing.

"Please, Demi!" Madison pleads for something, but I'm not sure what.

Demi sighs and playfully rolls her eyes.