Outtake | BID Ch. 15 | [2014]

"This cannot be happening," she cries, running a distressed hand through her hair. "Not again."

I swallow, a developing headache causing a blossoming pounding sensation within my skull.

"Maybe if we told our parents-,"

"They probably already know."

I place my head in my hands, kneading my throbbing temples with the tips of my fingers. What I wouldn't give to have some form of a release right now. I'm feeling beyond overwhelmed. I feel like I'm drowning in a frozen lake. The water grips me, yanking me under as I struggle to push myself upwards. My palms pound against the thick layer of ice that separates me from life as bright rays of sunshine taunt me, knowing that I'm unable to reach it, to reach happiness. I scream for help, resulting in nothing except allowing more of the dark water to slowly kill me. They say that the light can always be found at the end of the tunnel. They never do say how to get to that light. As we stumble aimlessly through life, consumed by darkness, not many of us are able to find the light. We lose faith. We lose hope. We live so depressingly that the thought of death appeals us. The thought of being in control for once in our fucked up lives appeals to us.