Chapter Thirteen

Allie's POV

I was furious. That was definite.

I felt so betrayed and hurt. I couldn't believe that for one second I actually thought that he was a decent guy. For a moment, I actually thought that I could trust him, and move towards forgiving him. I could have sworn that I actually started having feelings for that jerk again. How stupid could I be?

He was following me. Tracking my every move.

I thought he was finally apologizing, making up for what he did. I have never felt this stupid.

And I did what a normal person would do in that situation. I pigged out on chocolate ice cream. Chocolate ice cream would make everything better, and it was. Until James came home.

As I heard the door open, I lay on the couch, and stared at the TV, not acknowledging that he was here. I heard him walk into the kitchen and that's when I decided to make a move. I picked myself up from the couch  and stormed into the kitchen. And there he was, on the bench, sipping his Pepsi. Un-freaking-believable.

"James!" I shouted as I crossed the room. He looked shocked yet smug. Like he thought I wasn't all that threatening.

"You going to listen to me now, or are you going to yell?" he asked, getting up from the bench and to stand before me.

I have to follow the plan, I have to follow the plan.

 I have to stay calm, I have to stay calm. 

Oh, screw it.

"Who the hell do you think you are!?" I shouted across the kitchen.

"The handsomest devil on the planet," he said, taking a sip of his Pepsi.

"Arg!" I shouted out frustrated. You just can't get through to the guy. "James!" I shouted.

"Yes?" he asked calmly.

I couldn't take this anymore. He had absolutely crossed the line and he was acting calm about it, like what he did was nothing. Like he didn't just invade my privacy in the creepiest manner possible.

Before I could tell myself not to, I jumped up and tackled James to the floor, his Pepsi spilling everywhere.

 I pulled my hand into a fist and punched him square in the face, and he blacked out, going limp beneath me.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

"Allie? Allie?" James voice snapped me out of my day dream.

"What?" I said, looking up at him. He smiled at me and shook his head.

"I said, are you going to listen to me, or yell?" he chuckled lightly at my unawareness, and looked me square in the eyes, awaiting a response.

"Is there a point in listening, or are you going to fill me up with some kind of bullshit, and hope that I pretend that this is all OK?"

"I don't expect you to listen to me, or forgive me. But all I ask is to hear me out, for one second, and let me explain."

"Go ahead James, flatter me," I said, crossing my arms and raising an eyebrow.

"I did it to protect you," he said, looking straight into my eyes. For a moment, I almost thought I saw sincerity in his eyes.

"Bullshit! What a load of bullshit!" I exclaimed, running my fingers through my hair.

"It's true Allie," James persisted, walking across the room towards me. He put his hands on my shoulders and bent down to look me in the eyes. "You have to believe me. Your life was in danger, is in danger, and I did it to protect you. It's the only way I know how."