Chapter Eleven: Friendly Faces Bring Back Friendly Memories.

Aphmau awoke peacefully the next morning. She smiled at the sound of silence, knowing everything was alright now. Everything was peaceful, and almost nothing could change that.  She got up out of bed and headed down the stairs to be greeted by a note on the refrigerator.  The note was from Zoey. 

Dearest Lady Aphmau,

The boys and I went on a walk to the tree house so we would not impose upon your peaceful slumber. We also informed the guards of the village to leave you be as you are sleeping. Everyone agreed and when you are ready to go out to checkup on all of the citizens  that is when they can interact. I sincerely hope you do not mind the orders I put out while you were not awake. Good morning Miss Aphmau. 

With Love,

-Zoey

I smile at the very formal note Zoey left me and went to open the fridge door to get an apple. 

*sigh* Apples bring back good memories- Gah! I can't think of the past I need to forget. Ugh! WHY CAN'T I JUST FOCUS ON THE FRIENDS I HAVE NOW!

Just as Aphmau began to scold herself for remembering the small memory, there was a know on the door. 

"Must be important." She mumbles and opens the door to a Helmet-less Garroth. 

"Hm? What do you need Garroth. It must be important for you to come here right now!" Aphmau exclaimed.

"It is important, Lady Aphmau. Four men have shown up at the gates. I didn't want to ruin your peaceful morning, but they asked for the Lord of the village, so I came to get you." Garroth explained.

"Alright, Garroth. So, do they show any signs of enemy spies or agents that could be working for an enemy city-state?" Aphmau questioned. He shook his hand. 

He told Aphmau to follow him, she did. They walked down to the gates to be greeted by Four silhouettes. 

"They are awaiting you Lady Aphmau." Garroth said, leading Aphmau to the open gate. 

"Hello, 'strangers'. What brings you here?" Aphmau asked trying to sound like she doesn't know them. 

The four men seemed to understand what she was doing. 

"Ah, you see we would like to discuss 'the times' we are living in 'today'." One with darkened glasses answered her. 

."Very well then. Follow me to my home and we will talk there."