13: Perfectly Passionate

Wreath walked into the Hibernian. He kept thinking of October. Was she alive? Or was this some sort of sick joke? If it were a joke, Crow wouldn't live to laugh about it.

October sat speaking softly to Dexter. She was angry about the fact that Tanith was set to babysit her. She was a grown up woman. She could fend for herself. And she specially didn't need or want Tanith making comments about who she trusts or goes to for anything. She didn't like that at all. Tanith and October had argued about it. October was old enough to be Tanith's grandmother. Maybe even great grandmother. She didn't want Tanith to tell her what to do.

Wreath was nervous. Scared, if you could. He could feel his heart beating against his chest like a never ending drum roll. He held his cane tightly, his knuckles looked white compared to his pale skin. It looked unnatural, unsettling. His strides were long and rushed even though he wanted to slow down, to be able to think of what he would say if she were there, and what he would say if she weren't.

The doors opened and a man clad in black enters. Skulduggery points his revolver at him. "What are you doing here, Wreath?" The revolver never leaving its position, aimed at the Cleric's chest.

"Calm down, I heard that October was alive. I came to see so myself." Said Solomon Wreath.

"She is alive. Get out." Said Shudder.

"Anton, I may be the only one that isn't scared of you. Where is she?" Wreath asks.

"Not here-"

"I'm here, Solomon." Said October, wearing a tight Wednesday Addams dress. She looked absolutely beautiful in it. Wreath noticed she looked tired.

"October..." He breathes. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too, Solomon." She says and approaches him. They stand face to face, so, so close to each other.

"October, stay away from him, he's a Necromancer. You can't trust him." Skulduggery says.

"I can trust him. I loved him." She says, smiling. Wreath smiles at her.

"What?!" Skulduggery raged. Dexter frowned and walked out of the room with his head down and shoulders falling like teardrops.

"You didn't know, but October and I were together until the war." Wreath said, never removing his eyes from October. He leaned in but October stayed still. He kissed her tenderly but she didn't kiss back. Skulduggery went rigid with anger.

"But it's about time we got over our little teen love. Its been years, Solomon. You don't even look like you used to. You walk differently, talk differently. You have a darker aura, a darker feel, about you. And if you bothered to listen you'd see that 'loved' is in the past tense." October said. "I'm sorry."

The shadows cover Wreath an he disappears, with a look of betrayal etched onto his face.

"I feel terrible." She whispers. Skulduggery wraps an arm around her shoulders.

"He is terrible." Said Skulduggery. "And you're not allowed to be with any Necromancers. And I have to approve of any relationship you wish to have."

"Dad..." she groans.

"October..." Skulduggery mocks.

"I hate you." She mumbles.

"Well, I love me, so I don't need your love."

"Whatever." She twists out of her father's grip. "Where's Dexter?"

"He stormed off when you said that you loved Solomon. He didn't realise that you referred to the past." Saracen says.

"Oh...." October walks away, looking for Dexter. She finds him sitting in the corner of a room. He looked sad. He looked empty.

"Dex, I was speaking to him in the past tense. Now that I think of it, it seems that I was telling him that I love him. But I don't. I used to, not now though." She said.

Dexter looked up at her before replying, "I honestly thought you still loved him. I never really realised how much seeing you love another would hurt. I don't want to see you love another, October. Its too easy to say that I love you. I know I do. Thats why it's easy. I just need to be with you. I've loved you ever since we met. You're perfect in every way."

"I love you too." October replies.

"Really?" Dexter asks, genuinely surprised.

"Of course." She replies, smiling brightly. October slides down the wall, leaning her head on Dexter's shoulder. He wraps his arm around her and kisses her head.

"I love you so much." He whispers and they look at each other for a few seconds.

"Can I kiss you?" October asks.

"Anytime. Anywhere." He whispers and they kiss passionately.