5

Ro and I were chilling, not smoking for once, when Crys hit my line. What the fuck did she want? I looked at the text and almost dropped my phone.

Crys- I went into early labor. I need you here J.

Me- What room you in?

Crys- Floor 4 room 902

Me- I'm omw

"Yo I gotta go. Crys just went into labor." I said grabbing all my stuff.

"Damn dude this early? But shit send me pictures. Later nigga." I dapped her up and ran out the house to my car. I drove to the hospital and went to her room. She was laying there crying and obviously in pain. I just sat down to wait.

I was not about to sit here and show her that I still care when I don't. I got on my phone while the doctor checked her cervix. I was too excited to see my son. I just hadn't got around to thinking about names.

"Jalea can you at least hold her hand?" I looked up and rolled my eyes when I seen Z. Jade walked in shortly after and shit got akward.

"Nah." I stated bluntly.

"Come on man." She said. I sighed loudly and stood up to hold her hand. The nurse walked in and looked at us.

"Who has custody?" She asked.

"I do." I stated.

"Full?"

"Yeah full." I said. Crys squeezed my hand harder which only made me mad. The nurse walked back out of the room and the doctor came in.

"Why would you keep the baby instead of Crys?" Z's nosey ass asked.

"Because it's my fucking DNA. Not hers. She don't want him anyways." I said shaking my head. We were interrupted by a scream from Crys and the doctor telling her to push. I paid attention now as nurses came in to help.

About 6 minutes later, I heard my son's first cry. I let go of Crys's hand and cried myself. They cleaned him off and handed him to me. I held him carefully and then I let Crys hold him.

"Alright we're gonna take your baby boy and make sure everything is well." The nurse took him from Crys and they left the room. I sat down next to Jade while Z tried to comfort Crys.

"Things always gonna be awkward between us?" She whispered.

"Sorry. I just didn't expect to see you again this soon and with Z. But shit I'm cool if you are." I said even though I was staring at her lips.

"Aight then." She said. I smirked as I thought about what I could do to her. Sex is always on my fucking mind. Even 5 minutes after my son is born.

"Well we gotta get going. Feel better Crys. Congratulations." Z said as Jade and her both left. Crys looked at me and started to cry again.

"Fuck are you crying for now?" I asked.

"Stop treating me like falling in love with someone else is the worst thing in the world. Please. I still love you J." She said sniffling.

"And I honestly don't care anymore Crys. You can go find your dude and I'll take my son home and that's it. Hope you feel better soon. That's all I wanna say to you." I said shaking my head.

"Fine Jalea."

The nurse came back in with some paperwork and handed it to me.

"You'll have to fill all of this out and give it back whenever. Your son has to stay here for a week or so because we're noticing some breathing problems. But all should be fine." I nodded and she left the room.

I filled out all the papers within an hour and looked at Crys who was falling asleep and staring at the ceiling. I got up and walked over to her.

"I'll miss what we had Crys. Maybe not for long but you got a place somewhere in my heart." I gave her a kiss and left. I dropped the papers off at the desk and went home. I had to set his nursery up and still had to think of a name. It was between Nyell, Justyce, or Jshaun.

I went to his nursery and looked around. I had to build the crib, build the shelf, put the closet together, build the dresser, and hook up the TV. I started to build the crib first. Ro called me while I was in the middle of it but I answered anyways.

"Wassup?"

"You busy?" She asked.

"Nah I'm just putting this crib together. Why?"

"I'm tryna slide. Bored as fuck over here." She proclaimed with a sigh.

"Awe come through. Ion mind." I said. She said okay and hung up. Ro is always gonna be there and I know that. Even if some shit were to go down between us, we gon turn around and be right back homies.

She came upstairs 20 minutes later and found me putting the finishing touches on the crib.

"Ayee that looks nice for real." She said observing it. I admired my handy work and smiled.

"Yeah man I can't wait to bring him home. He's the cutest thing I've ever seen. Wait til you see him. Had me crying and shit." I explained. She laughed and looked around his room.

"You don't got shit ready." She stated.

"Don't you think I know that? I'm about to put the dresser together." I said opening the box.

"Well shit I'll help then." I turned on my playlist and blasted it while we built all the stuff in his room. Finally, when we got done, we went downstairs to watch a movie.

I watched Ro as she walked in front of me and things popped in my head that did not belong there. Ro was my friend and I was about to let my frustrations get the best of me.

We got to the theater and she took her shirt off which made it even worse. She laid on the couch while I turned on our favorite movie, Straight Outta Compton. I laid on the floor right in front of the couch and Ro looked at me.

"Nigga you weird for that. You know you ain't tryna be on the floor." She said.

"Nah I like it down here." I said without looking at her. She sat up and paused the movie with the remote.

"Did I do something wrong?" She asked.

"Nah I just want to lay on the floor." I said.

"Damn J you're mean." She sighed and pressed play. I laughed and got on the couch. She always making me feel bad and shit.

"Happy now?" I asked. She smiled and nodded her head.

"Of course." She laid across my lap and faced the screen. As the movie continued to play, she sat up. "My back hurts for some reason."

I had her lay back down and massaged her back and shoulders while trying to pay attention to the movie. But she kept making little noises that had me thinking. She sat up, facing me and blushed when I looked into her eyes.

"What is that for?" I asked licking my lips. She looked down and laughed.

"Nothin J. Just don't look at me like that no more. I don't know what just happened." She confessed messing with her curls. I eyed her body and put my hand on her thigh. She looked from my hand to me and hid her face behind her hand. Ro is such a shy girl and it wasn't something I expected.

"And why not?" I asked moving my hand farther up. She was forced to move her hand from her face and stop me. Man she was turning red.

"J you don't know what you doing." She said biting her lip.

"I always know what I'm doing. I just don't think you wanna find out." I said smirking.

"You so tempting right now." She pouted. I laughed and leaned in to kiss her neck.

"Let me handle you." I said in my low seductive voice. She ran her fingers through my hair and let out a sigh.

"You sure that's the best thing we should be doing?" She asked.

"I'll show you." I said. I laid her down and got to work. I held out for tooo fucking long. I deserved this shit.