8

I woke up from 2 hours of sleep when I heard the baby monitor. I got out of bed and walked to Jshaun's room sleepily. He was crying. I picked him up and he stopped immediately. I rocked him all the way to my room and laid back in bed with him.

"I'm glad I got you lil man. You the only person I got to love right now. I'm okay with that. You my mini me. Your aunty AJ smiling down on us babyboy. So is grandma. Great grandma too. You always gon have your mom man. I'm always gonna be here." I rubbed his back tiredly until he fell back asleep. I laid him next to me, surrounded him with pillows, and went back to sleep.

Morning

I woke up while Jshaun slept peacefully beside me. It was 1pm and I realized that I missed work last night. Oh well. I put the baby monitor in the bathroom and got in the shower real quick. I was in my towel, finding an outfit, when Jshaun woke up hungry.

I took care of him and laid him down to stare at the ceiling. I got dressed in True Religion jeans, a black and white Odd Future hoodie with neon colors on it, neon green Vans, and silver jewelry.

I straightened my hair and found an outfit for the baby. I got a black onesie, black booties, and a black hat. I put a little white hoodie over the onesie and took him downstairs. It was 3 now and it would take a little while to get to Dia's game.

I packed up the diaper bag and put J in his carseat. I took him outside to the car and grabbed some snacks for myself before we left.

I pulled up at the school and made sure everything was set before I got out of the car and got Jshaun out. He was asleep now but it wouldn't be long before he woke up again. I carried him and the diaper bag inside and handed them my ticket.

I was walking in the gym to find a seat when I seen Dia on the court practicing. I smiled and walked down to the end of the bleachers. I sat Jshaun on the floor and sat right next to him. Dia seen us and waved. I waved back and she got back to the 3 pointers.

Jshaun didn't wake up yet even though it was already pretty loud in the gym. A group of girls sat behind me and kept whispering and giggling. So I turned around and they all stopped.

"Is there a problem?" I asked.

"No no we just think you're cute." One of them said.

"That don't mean sit behind me and act like some lil ass kids. Aren't y'all in college?"

"Yeahhh."

"Okay then stop acting like 13 year olds." I said shaking my head. The game started and I couldn't keep my eyes off of Dia. You could tell she was a leader on the team because most people looked to her when they got the ball.

I got hype everytime she made a shot and she noticed. I made sure she did. Until Jshaun woke up crying. I picked him up and got a bottle out of the bag. I paid attention to him and the game. Most fun I had in a long time. A very very long time.

Once the game was over, I put Jshaun in his carseat and met Dia outside. They won of course. We were sitting on a bench and she couldn't keep her smile off her face.

"Why you smiling so much?" I asked laughing.

"Becausee we won the game and you got to see it. I like you ya know?" I nodded and put my arm around her shoulders.

"Yeah I like you too Dia." I said smiling.

"You're not lying are you?" She asked. "A lot of people have lied to me about liking me and I can't take it anymore."

"Nah I wouldn't lie about that. I'm pretty blunt about shit so I really do like you." I said before kissing her cheek. She blushed and covered her face which made me laugh.

"You need a ride home?" I asked.

"Yeah the team left already." She said.

"Well let's get going. We can stop and get some food on the way back." I said. I picked Jshaun up and we walked to my car. A girl was there leaning against my car. Dia looked at her confused.

"Who you?" I asked.

"I'm Kate. I seen you inside and I think you're really cute. I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime." I laughed at her. I noticed Dia get a bit mad.

"I'm not available girl you see me with her." I said referring to Dia. She just looked at us weirdly.

"You two are together? That's so weird. Aren't you both studs?" She asked crossing her arms. Dia scoffed and clenched her fists. I was trying to be civil.

"And? Aren't you ugly? Fuck you trying me for?" I asked.

"I'm not ugly. Y'all are just nasty." She said rolling her eyes. I laughed and pulled Dia in by her waist.

"And proud of it." I said right before I kissed Dia. It was a good kiss. A long kiss. A sensual kiss. I could tell she was shocked at first but it didn't take but 3 seconds for her to get into it. Once I pulled away, that girl Kate was pissed and walking away.

I looked at Dia who was just opening her eyes and smiled.

"Getcho cute ass in the car." I said. She did as I said and I put Jshaun in the back. I got in the front seat with Dia and smirked at her. She turned her head and laughed. "What's that for?"

"It's just been awhile since I felt like this. It was 3 years ago when I felt butterflies in my stomach and smiled so much in a matter of minutes. You make me feel happy. It's only been a few days but still." She explained looking at her lap. I took her hand and she looked at me.

"I'm glad you feel that way. I'm glad I talked to you at the hospital too. You're putting happiness in my life and we aren't even a couple. You're like the cherry on top to me having Jshaun." I explained before I started the car.

"I can't stop smiling right now. Ugh it's your fault too. Shit." I laughed at her and began the drive home. I don't know what me and Dia have right now but I'm liking it so far.