ARRANGED

" What do you want to tell me, Mom?", she took her seat at the couch, sitting opposite to her mother.

But her mother found hard to start the conversation, " .. It's..", she looked at the floor and then to the young girl.

" What is it, Mom? Tell me.. I've to go to work.", she said.

" It's.. You've to get married soon.".

" What?", she felt like her world turned upside and down at her mother's words. She had never expected that, never, never and never.

" What you just said, Mom?".

She sighed, " I'm sorry.. But it's not me who arranged this. It's your grandmother.", said her Mom.

" Halmeoni again?", she asked narrowing her eyes. " You also had to separate with Dad and married the Mr.Choi who she wanted you to. All people know Mr. Choi as my father, but not about we don't relate by blood. I've never had chance even to look at my father's image. I don't even know what kind of person he is. This is all because of that arranged marriage thing!".

" Jinri. But it's what your grandmother wants for now. You know that I can't resist her either..".

" I'm not a kid, Mom. I'm already 25.", she said, her anger was being intense slowly.

" That's why she wants you to get married. Jinri.. Please listen to her.. This is all for you..", her mom said.

" All for me! For me! You all said like that! But after all, she led all for her bussiness. Mom, your daughter is not stupid like you did. Choi Jinri is not the doll who is controlled by Kim Hye Ja.", she said and emerged from her seat. Then, she stormed into her workroom.

After slamming the door behind her, her tear escaped from her eye. But she immediately wiped it off and walked to her table. After sitting at the chair, she started to sink herself into the work, to shut herself down from the world. This is what she does everytime her mind is in mess.

▪▪▪▪▪

Jinri scented herself with the perfume, closing her eyes. She got up from the chair after fixing her long hair.

Looking at her reflection at the full-length mirror, a simple white shirt and a blazer, then a long black pants, it's perfect for her to go to work. Grabbing her bag, she walked to her room door, then opened it.

After closing the door behind her, she continued her way along the path and to the downstairs. She didn't even care to give a concern to the dinning room and kept walking.

" Jinri.", it was the voice, when she walked in front of the dinning room. She stopped her tracks at the voice from the dinning room. " Won't you have your breakfast?", her Mom asked looking at her who didn't even look back at.

" Yes. I can't since I've to go now.", she answered bluntly.

" But Jinri--", she stopped her words when her husband held her hand on the table, " Let her..", he said.

Her Mom sighed and looked at Jinri who was still standing at the same spot. She emerged from the seat and walked towards the young girl. She stood face to face with her daughter and looked up to her face.

" This evening at 5 p.m. at the restaurant near your boutique. Make sure to go there.", her mother said.

Jinri frowned, " I don't want to. And I'll never go there.", she gave the surest answer, refusing without hesitating. Then, she walked out without letting her Mom complain anymore.

Jinri's Mom sighed again looking at Jinri who was slowly disappearing from her sight. Jinri is not a kid who would follow the others's words like a dumb. And it's the problem now. It's really hard because Jinri's a bright lady.