Only I can sass

Published May 17th, 2016.

Misha's POV

"So he'll pick you up around 7ish tonight." I tell Clara, the school secretary. She can't stop blushing and smiling, toying with her auburn hair. I'm setting her up with my bud from real estate. They make a pretty cute couple. I hand her a small piece of paper. "This is his number. Go wild."

"Thank you, Collins." Her voice is small, but I've heard her when she's mad which could get frightening. She takes the paper and smiles even more. "Oh, and you have a new student coming in today, remember?"

"The one that just walked out. Yeah, thanks."

...

I don't understand some of these students. I want to help them, but its as if they don't want it.

"Ok class, close your books! Tell me, when is this nation's president, Barack Obama, birthday?"

That got their attention.

"Come on, his birthday." I snap my fingers. "First to answer correctly gets extra credit for the upcoming exam!"

And just like that.

"AUGUST!" A student named Gilbert starts answering. He's cool, he's not a bully. I characterize my students in ratings from 1-10. Bullies and immature students are the usual 2's and such. Gilbert is a 7. He'll be successful after high school. I just know it.

But that doesn't mean I treat them differently. Some bullies act a certain way because of personal problems. I help them all. Well, I try my best.

"No! It's September!" The rest of the class joins in.

The school bell rings.

"Year 1961 for sure!" Gilbert turns to look at me, "Right?"

"Huh? What?" I look up from my phone.

"He's not even paying attention!" A girl blurts out.

Shut up 3.

"I was checking Google to make sure, ma'am." That's right, only I can sass 'em. Not the other way around. "And yes the year and month are correct.

There's a moment of silence for some reason.

"August 4th, 1961." A woman says standing by the door, smirking a bit.

Ah, new student.

"How do you know?" Gilbert asks her, being the closest to the door. Her hair looks like it has a hint of blue. But it could be the lighting from the hallway. Why didn't I notice? Someone must really fix the lighting then, because this school wouldn't allow such expressive creativity to one's image unfortunately.

"My mother shares a birthday with him." She smiles sweetly. Is this new student an 8 or 2? I hope she isn't a snobby brat. Well from our earlier encounter, I highly doubt it. Time to find out.

"Does that mean she gets the extra credit?" 3 asks.

"Nope." I pop the P. If I say I'll give it to her, the whole class will riot. "Alrighty then, class dismissed." I clap my hands and stand up. The students all pour out of the classroom. I stand on my usual spot as the next class walks in.

Where's the new student, I must not have her right now.

"So how about a little extra credit?" I begin with a smile.

Misha Collins is too perfect. Done.