Almost eloped with a teacher

Published May 15th, 2016.

"Mooooom wake up. Come on, I got school." I pick up a pillow from the floor and wack her sleepy head with it. She just groans and wraps herself further into the cloud-like haven.

Ha, you'd think it would be the mom struggling to wake the teenager up for school.

I creep right next to her and whisper, "I snuck out of the house and smoked."

Still nothing.

"I almost eloped with a teacher!"

Nada.

"I watched Grey's Anatomy without youuu."

"You did what?" She jumps up, pushing me to the side of the bed causing me to fall to the floor. "Oh honey, are you ok? Im so sorry." She uses her concerned mother voice but then hits me with a pillow. "How dare you watch Grey's without me."

"Chill, chill. I didn't. But hey, you're awake. Come on, I got school today." I jump, again, on her stomach and wrap my arms around her. "I can smell your BREATHE."

"Well get off me and I'll brush my teeth. Two minutes, but get outta here."

I wait patiently on my chair going through social media. The whole house smells like waffles and butter.

Hell yeah.

It's still the beginning of the school year, but I missed about a month and a half of this year due to my accident. I'm behind, but I'll catch up. I've already organized my most important classes and figured out a system of keeping my straight A record. But I'm a senior so I have a lot of free time actually.

My mom places my plate in front of me and lightly slaps my hand from my phone. "Eat up, your friends can wait."

"I wove fou" My mouth is filled with waffles and it's in the verge of going through the wrong tube.

"Te quiero, perrita." (I love you, puppy) I know for a fact she's calling me bitch, but she says perrita because it's cute. But I say it's a loop hole. "Want me to drive you there?"

"That's kinda why I woke you up. I don't want to drive just yet." I huff silently the last part.

"Ok bebé." (Baby) She kisses my forehead and roughs up my hair a bit.

"Mom, I just brushed that."

This is just a lil somethin somethin for now. Don't worry, it gets better.