Shortcake

Published May 31st, 2016.

6th chapter and still the first day! XD

My phone buzzes and I struggle taking it out of my backpack.

Badass Chief of the World: I broke the toaster.

Its my dad.

Badass Chief of the World: Darcy, contesta por favor. (Please reply)

Me: What did you do?

My dad is bilingual-ish. His native tongue is Spanish, but his English is quite choppy.

Badass Chief of the World: I dunno

Me: Estoy en clase, después hablo. (I'm in class, I'll call you later)

I press send and bump into someone walking in to my next class.

Its that Bellamy dude.

Ugh.

He turns around, away from his friend. He smirks and I roll my eyes. I mean, I would walk into the classroom but he's kinda blocking the damn entrance.

"Hello, good lookin." Not again..

I pretend to yawn, which becomes a real yawn, to emphasise my un-interest.

I do admit he's quite the looker, but his attitude just bleaches it all away. I wouldn't hit that, but he's still a great sight, you know, if he never spoke a word to you.

"Tired, huh? It must be a long day for you shortcake. How about a little rest with me." He says that more as a demand than a question.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

"Please move before you regret it, dude." I really just want to get to class.

He scoffs and touches a strand of my hair. Did he just touch mah hair? Oh no he didn't. You asked for it, I mentally challenge him.

"What are you saying?" I make my voice a tiny bit higher to give the effect as if I'm about to cry. "You want to put your what in my what? No, don't touch me! You want to make me what? I can't believe you just said that!"

Right that instant, Mr. Collins comes out. "Bellamy," His voice strong and demanding. He moves him out of the way, to the hallway. "get to class!"

Mr. Collins now stands in front of me. Bellamy's face? Fucking priceless. I make sure to flick the fucker off without Mr. Collins seeing.

I'm ushered into his classroom. "Miss Darcy, did he hurt you or pressure you to do anything you did not want to partake in?"

"Do I want to answer that?" I'm back to my usual self, for some reason he doesn't even question the act. "I'm fine, I got him to leave, kinda. I guess he only really listens to a few teachers, yourself included.

"He's my son."

HOLD UP.

"Well my nephew, but I basically am his father." He rubs it off. "Where are you suppose to be?"

"Oh! Actually, I have this class." I look around and examine the classroom, it's empty except for a few students who are completely oblivious to what is happening. Small class, I likey. But no Brendon.

It's also right next door to his science classroom. How the hell did he manage to get two rooms?

I hand him my schedule, and drop my butt on a random desk.

"Woah," he reacts to my classes.

"Impressed?" I raise an eyebrow and smile.

"What's your GPA, if I may ask."

"It's good, not good enough," I fake whisper, "but this year might bring it down. I'm working on it, sir." Really am.

"It's almost the middle of the semester, why the late start?"

"Had a few issues at the personal-life gig." I use air quotations.

"Ok, then. Welcome to Robotics." He hands me my schedule back and claps his hands. All other four students jump to attention, not literally, and have all eyes on him. "How about a little bio from our new student?" He directs me to stand up and face the class.

I. Just. Sat. Down.

"Hi, my name is Darcy Martinez. I haven't set foot on campus here for the longest time now. I may know a few of you, but my memory is kinda wack." This gets a few laughs from them. "And y'all may know me. The end." I quickly sit back down before Mr. Collins can object at my ridiculously, short life story.

We proceed with the lesson and afterwards, with little time left in class, Mr. Collins explains to me the syllabus and such. Things to expect and catch up in.

Two classes later and I'm heading home with Brendon.

"Darcy!" Is the first thing I hear from my house.

"Oh lordy. I forgot to call him." My poor dad.

Brendon looks at me concerned. "What happened?"

"He broke the toaster."

"Oh, that's no so big." He says. I drop my school bag on the living room couch and so does Brendon. It's basically his second home. Especially when I was bed ridden.

"We bought it yesterday. My mom's going to flip." Not that it was expensive or like that. My dad is just prone to breaking new things. He almost dropped me, when I was a baby, a few hours after bringing me home from the hospital.

"Darcy, ayúdeme, antes que veng-" (Help me, before y-)

"Coming!"

:]