The Bachelorette

Published: July 24th, 2016.

Misha's POV.  

"Thank you for setting me up with Clara. We really hit it off. Going for a fourth date now this weekend." My buddy Jensen sips on a fresh-out-of-the-freezer beer and sits back down on my couch.

"No problem." I'm deep in thought to even notice him jump up from watching The Bachelorette and spill his nachos on me.

"NO! What is wrong with you!" He yells at the TV screen. He looks back down and sees his mess. "oh, I'm sorry."

"Its fine." I wipe some excess cheese off my skin.

"You okay? You seem so serious?"

"Work. That's all."

"Kids driving you crazy?" He brings me paper towels and I begin cleaning myself before Juliet decides she wants cheese.

"Oh, what happened!" The girls come back from the kitchen and take their seats on the couch. Clara next to Jensen and Lori next to me.

Jensen introduced me to Lori thinking I need to get my head out of the books for a while.

"Jared didn't kiss Genevieve back and now she thinks he doesn't really care but Jared was just nervous and didn't want to rush. Well guess what, you're in a competitive dating show!" Jensen explains what happened right now in The Bachelorette and sighs rubbing his head is disapproval. "oh, and I spilled some of my nachos on Misha."

"Here let me help you." Lori offers. She grabs the paper towels and helps me -somewhat- clean the cheese off. Her hand lingers on my knee and she rubs her thumb very straightforward. She then licks her finger that she accidentally got cheese on and visibly bites it.

"Thanks."

"Jensen said you were a teacher? That's neat." She proceeds to inch herself closer to me. She and Clara are wearing club attire despite the fact that we're all just watching TV at my place. Maybe they're going out later tonight. Mental note that Clara will most likely call in sick tomorrow for work.

Lori's hair is up in a tight pony tail and I think she's wearing make up? I don't even know.

"Indeed. High school science and robotics. I'm still going to school myself. And your employment is?" Instead of ditching the three to change into cleaner clothes I decide to sit back further and relax. Maybe Lori and I can have something.

"Zoologist." She smiles warmly for the first time, not trying to impress, just happy about her job.

"Really? So you love animals?" She nods and she flips her hair out of her face "Do you have any pets?"

"Very much, I love animals. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to dogs, but I have a Tabb-"

"I'm sorry, what? You're allergic to dogs?"

This is not going to work. No.

"Yes, is that a problem?"

"Well not if you stay away from-" before I can finish that sentence, Juliet enters the living room and being the princess she is, she runs to me and jumps on my lap. Those vitamins have positive side affects.

...

"Again, I'm really sorry. I don't know what to say." Lori is running out of the front door, pulling Clara like a shield, because Juliet really just wants to play with her.

I have to hold down Juliet so she won't go run outside into the rain.

"Wow. That, that was, it just blew up like a bomb."

"You mean her sneezing?" Jensen joins me in the front door, "Yeah, it got crazy."

"No. I mean, forget it."

"I'm sorry it didn't work out. You'll get yourself a girl. A nice lovely lady to call your own."

"She seemed really sweet. But allergic to dogs. It was never going to work out."

"Yeah, I can't imagine how it could have." We both laugh and clean up the living room finishing up the leftover food.

"Its ten pm, I've got work tomorrow, its been a long day. You've had a couple beers and its still pouring out there. I don't want you driving. Stay here. Take the guest. I'll see you tomorrow." He nods in agreement and mumbles something about tonight's Bachelorette episode.

Juliet follows me up, she sleeps in my bedroom or Bellamy's whenever there's a storm. I check on him and take a shower.

Haha, I hope y'all aren't confused by any of the timeline.

This chapter is the same day as the visit to the vet, exam, and car ride. When I get to a certain chapter ima go back and really tweak the timeline info more.