RIP Gus

I made another temporary book cover. Heehee

Published: June 18th, 2016.

It's official.

Brendon, my sweet angel, and Courtney, the devil spawn, are never going to be together.

He came sobbing to me on Saturday morning when I was enjoying my much needed sleep. She was caught kissing that Bellamy guy in a Snapchat story that I care nothing about. But poor Brendon. We watched re-runs of Friends all weekend until he felt better.

Currently I'm two weeks into my high school debut. I can do this. It's the middle of October which means Halloween decorations! Shitty Halloween decorations to be exact.

"A+, great job."

Fuck yeah.

"Thank you."

My art teacher gives me my art back. I'm definitely putting this shit on the fridge. It's a cubism piece that I worked on for three days.

During his conference, I go to Mr. Collins' room. He helped me a bit with the project. There is a lot of free time in his Robotics class since there are only five students. Much of the work is done quickly.

"Knock, knock." I say and knock at the same time. I peek in and he's messing with some sorta device, not really paying attention to me. He's let a stubble grow, faint bags under his eyes, coffee on his desk, kinda looks tired. I forget he teaches science. Maybe I should leave him alone.

I'm about to make my exit, but he speaks up.

"Miss Darcy, come in." I make my way in and study him further. Then I see it.

"Shit, man." I whisper. "You can't leave these lying around. Somebody can just take em." And I do just that. I pop the Sour Skittles in my mouth one by one.

"What may I help you with?" He stops and looks up at me, rubbing his forehead then crossing his arms. Just looking at him makes me feel tired.

"Well..." Maybe this'll make him feel better, "Bam! A+" I show it to him, he hadn't seen the finished product, and I see a tiny smile creep to his face. "Couldn't have done it without ya."

He laughs it off, "It looks marvelous. Astounding. So you're doing good with all your classes? Not feeling stressed? A few of my students were ready to rip their hair off. But you? You seem to have it under control and that's with missing school." He moves his fingers as he speaks. Like a teacher. Heh. "What's your secret?"

"Rewarding myself with candy. And yeah, I'm doing good. Thanks for asking. Yourself?" I try to be subtle. I hear the school lunch bell ring.

"Define good." He smiles, though he still doesn't seem to be happy.

Damn.

"I've been meaning to mention to you and I know it's the middle of the semester," he goes through a few stacks of papers on his desk and opens some drawers still not finding what he searches for. "Though you're not having any trouble, and you could be a key contributor,"

"What is it?" I play with my Incredible Hulk bracelet.

He sighs, meaning he found whatever it is, and hands it to me. It's a pamphlet.

"Robotics Club? There's a club? I mean, I have YOUR class, but I didn't know. Sweet!"

"Yup. This is the first school year it has been approved and if you are interested?"

"Yes! I'll definitely consider it!" A greater smile grows on his face, this time with his pearly whites showing.

"Sign up sheet is right on the door going out. Are those my Skittles?"

"What? I'm sorry, what? I couldn-" I quickly close the door after signing.

On today's lunch menu: lasagna.

Yum.

"No way..." I look up at my gurl, his eyes glued to The Fault in our Stars novel. "He... He... He DIES? W-what the FUCK, Darcy!"

Oh no, he's crying.

"Brendon, you've watched the movie."

"Movies don't always follow books, right? So I thought this would be different. Hazel and Gus were suppose to have babies together, beat their cancers, a-and grow old together."

"Yeah... RIP Gus." I fake sigh. I sneak away some grapes away from Brendon's untouched tray of food. He hasn't put that book down for the longest time. Hell, this is the first book I've seen him read for fun.

"What's going to happen to Hazel? There's gotta be another, another," He doesn't finish his sentence because he starts sobbing.

"You can just read this really good fan fic- uh, I mean nevermind, but it's basically a sequel, explains what happens to everyone."

"Really? Show me, I beg you!"

I wrote it.

Holy hell,
I'm so sorry for not updating. June 11th, I went to my first concert ever which was Panic! At the Disco (w/ freaking Weezer). Best fucking night of my life. Truly. I could write a whole novel about how much I loved each and every second. And Brendon, ohmygod, Lord have mercy!

But then Sunday happened with Orlando. I have no words to express it. I needed a break from the internet.

And Tom with Taylor. I just am shocked. I won't talk much about that. But overall, too much hate has been circulating literally EVERYWHERE.

I apologize guys. But I love all y'all's support :)