Raving

What's next? Buying tickets to some rave. Why? Apparently, Scott spotted Jackson buying a ticket. So, that might be where the next victim is. Did I get a ticket? Yes. No, I didn't spent money on it. I didn't want to spend $75. I saw a couple of snobby girls holding them and I 'accidentally' bumped into one of them. To make a long story short, I snatched her ticket without her knowing.

Now, I'm here with Scott at Deaton's office waiting for my brother. He was suppose to meet him alone, but I tagged along before he could say anything. The door opened and Derek came in with Isaac.

Scott glared at Isaac, "What's he doing here?"

"I need him." Derek said.

"I don't trust him."

Isaac rolled his eyes, "Yeah, well, he doesn't trust you either."

Derek crossed his arms, "You know what? And Derek really doesn't care."

"And Mina wishes all of you would shut up." I said.

Derek looked at me, "You didn't have to come."

"And it's none of your business what I do."

Derek glared at me, "Where's the vet? Is he gonna help us or not?"

Deaton walked from the backroom, "That depends. Your friend, Jackson. Are we planning to kill him or save him?"

Derek said kill him the same time Scott said save him.

Scott gave Derek a look, "Save him." He looked back at Deaton, "Save him."

Deaton led us to the backroom. There was a table that was full of bottles with a variety of things inside. Isaac leaned down to examine one of the bottles.

He didn't even get a chance to touch it before Derek grabbed his wrist, "Watch what you touch."

I rolled my eyes, "Leave him be, Derek. He was just curious." Derek glared at me and I gladly returned it.

Isaac looked at Deaton, "So, what are you? Some kind of witch?"

"No, I'm a veterinarian." Deaton responded plain as day causing me to snort. "Unfortunately, I don't see anything here that's going to be an effective defense against a paralytic toxin."

"We're open to suggestions." I said.

"What about an effective offense?" Isaac asked.

"We already tried. I nearly took its head off. And Argent emptied an entire clip into it. The thing just gets back up." Derek said.

"Has it shown any weaknesses?" Deaton asked

"It can't swim." I responded.

"Does that go for Jackson as well?"

Scott shook his head, "No. He's the captain of the swim team."

"Essentially, you're trying to catch two people. A puppet...and a puppeteer. One killed the husband, but the other had to take care of the wife. Do we know why?"

"I don't think Jackson could do it. His mother died pregnant too, and she was maybe murdered. I think he couldn't let the same thing happen to someone else."

Isaac looked at Scott, "How do you know it's not part of the rules? The Kanima kills murderers. If Jackson kills the wife, then the baby dies too."

"Does that mean your father was a murderer?"

Isaac shook his head, "Wouldn't surprise me if he was."

I went over and gave Isaac a side hug, his dad might still be a hard topic for him. I wrapped an arm around his waist as he wrapped one around my shoulders. Scott gave me a weird look, but didn't say anything.