Chapter 26

^NOT EDITED^

When I first made this chapter, I wrote chapter 30 cause I thought chapter 25 said chapter 29. Hahaha. One, two, skip a few, am I right? 

We're going to be in so much trouble, what if  we're caught?

"This is crazy," Stormpaw muttered. She was walking through the woods with her brothers and Violetpaw. "I still feel bad for leaving Edgepaw behind." Sunpaw meowed, watching his paws as he trodded over a large stick. 

 "Why? He's safer where he is now, snoring gently about Stormpaw." Oakpaw joked, nudging her. Stormpaw stopped. "Oh, will you shut it already? I've heard enough. We all know that-" But it wasn't her that said it. It was Violetpaw.

Stormpaw gaped, as well as her brothers. "We all know what?!" Stormpaw's eyes flared, gaze shifting from Oakpaw to Violetpaw. "You've come to train, I see?" A shiver-sending voice cascaded into their ears.

"Hawkfrost." All the apprentices stayed still as Violetpaw whispered ever-so-lightly. "What are you four doing up so late, surely going to practice battle moves?" The chilly voice asked out of nowhere, hit that was answered as of where he was.

He thinks I want to join the Dark Forest, doesn't he? She assumed he did since he never mentioned her presence. 

"Whose this?" A figure appeared in front of the group. She noticed he looked a lot like Brambleclaw, except with a white belly and icy blue eyes that made her more scared. How could someone we hate look so much like someone we trust with our lives?

Hawkfrost's whiskers twitched towards Sunpaw. "You- You know who he is." Oakpaw meowed defensively. Then, remembering why Sunpaw was even in all of this. Hawkfrost wants to kill my brother!

Stormpaw glanced at the brown tabby. He was on Stormpaw's left, standing alone except for her. Violetpaw and Sunpaw were on her right, Sunpaw on the far end, probably terrified. But when she looked at the golden tom, he wasn't cowering away. He was, in fact, standing in front of Violetpaw, who had her ears flattened. They weren't afraid, none of them were. They were next to their biggest enemy, and yet they didn't run or hide. It was true friendship.

If Edgepaw was here, he'd be right next to me, telling me how brave I am. Just remember: he's peacefully asleep, he can't be hurt. He's back at camp, sleeping soundly.

"You're right, Oakpaw. I do know who this is. So I see you both have completed your task and more?" Finally, Hawkfrost's gaze settled on Stormpaw.

"You're not supposed to be here!  Birchfall and Mousewhisker and Thornclaw chased you out of the territory! Why are you back? How?" Violetpaw stepped forward, confronting the massive tabby. Stormpaw gasped, thinking about how that had all played out. So does that mean Thornclaw, Birchfall and Mousewhisker are all in the Dark Forest too? How much of ThunderClan is apart of this? Are the other clans spying, too?

"Never!" Oakpaw leaped forward onto the huge tabby, who was about twice his size. Without another breath, Stormpaw jumped and fastened her teeth on the crook of his neck. Before she knew it, Sunpaw was clawing the tom's ears, and Violetpaw was biting his tail. Oakpaw battered his hind paws on Hawkfrost's back. 

"Fools!" Hawkfrost yowled. Stormpaw scratched the tom again. And again, again, again, and again. But she wasn't able to do it once more. Hawkfrost threw off Sunpaw, who hit a tree so hard it knocked him unconscious. And then he threw off Violetpaw, sending her not as far, but still causing a small thud.

"Violetpaw! Sunpaw!" Oakpaw and her both yelled, but it was no use. "Cowards," Hawkfrost hissed, smacking Oakpaw's head, but not doing much damage because Stormpaw leaped and pushed the paw off little ways, so it only hit a small part of Oakpaw's head. Stormpaw raked her claws across his white belly.