Chap. 5

This chapter is about her having her destiny, and why. This going to be a big part so, I prefer you to read this so you know how it happens.

Liontail had woken up, it had been a few moons since she got her first apprentice. She had told Foxpaw to fix the bedding in the nursery and than go hunting with the other apprentices and Ashfur. She herself was going on a patrol with Firestar, Greystripe, Squirrelflight, and to her surprise, both of the medicine cats at dawn. She had asked on "Why such a big patrol, doesn't Greystripe have to organize patrols, why the medicine cats, why both of them?"
Firestars only response was "You'll see, soon enough." Soon it was time to leave for the patrol.
"So, where's Leafpool?" Liontail asked with plain confusion.
"She's just helping Cinderpelt put a few herbs back in their places."
Squirrelflight answered as Leafpool and her mentor joined the patrol. Firestar had went and told Lionheart, who was in charge while deputy and leader where out, when they might be back.
"Let's go." Firestar ordered. Soon they were out of listening range of the camp.
"So, I know you didn't bring me on this patrol because you just wanted to chat, what for?" Liontail demanded, but not to harshly, just out of curiosity.
"We have known, for a half a moon now," Firestar began. " First, Squirrelflight had a dream, she told Leafpool, then I had the dream, I told Leafpool and Cinderpelt, they went to the Moonpool that night, they had the dream too." Firestar signaled for Cinderpelt to speak. "Bluestar, you remember her, don't you?" I nodded.
"She sent us a prophecy, Fire's kin bares lions name, great leader lion will become." Cinderpelt finished.
" Do you know what it means?" Liontail asked knowingly, she knew it was about her. "This is the most clearest sign StarClan has given us in seasons." Leafpool stated. "It means, you will be a great leader one day, like Firestar. You will carry on his memory." Greystripe spoke for the 1st time since they had left camp.
"What about you?" Liontail flicked her tail at her former mentor. "Your deputy, not me, how will I become leader?" Liontail asked.
" I shall give my place as deputy up." Greystripe stated sadly. "I am old, I should be in the elders den in a few more leaf bares, and I cannot interfere with destiny." Greystripe spoke. He was such a noble warrior, he shouldn't have to retire because it was her destiny, yet she couldn't wait to be deputy. "Fine." Liontail said stubbornly.

She had eaten and fallen asleep. She had had the dream again. "She was standing on the highrock, with her mate and deputy, Stormheart, and her sister and medicine cat Leafpool. She had called a clan meeting to announce the arrival of her sister, Squirrelflight and brambleclaws kits, Lionkit, Jaykit, and Hollykit. And her own kits warriors ceremonies. Stormheart looked prouder than any cat shed ever seen." She shook the dream off and went back to sleep.