Chapter Twenty Eight: Adult Supervision Required

"Snazzy place," Alddes whistled. "Bet the food's great here."

"Oh it is. My father once took me here when he came for business. And the shops have the cutest items in them." Sabine marveled at all the clothing stores.

"Can we go to the candy shop? It's been freaking forever since I've had anything sweet." Jared pointed a little ahead and to the right.

"No food, no shopping, and no sweets. We came here to negotiate an alliance." Eliza pinched the bridge on her nose. It was then that she finally understood why she was asked to accompany these three. 'But he's the Lieutenant General. Sure he seems a little too relaxed, but I doubt he needs a babysitter.' Eliza had told Devin. 'Just because he's a Lieutenant General doesn't mean he knows what he's doing. Yes, he understands the importance of this, but he tends to get...side tracked.' Came Devin's response.

"Devin gave us plenty of uni to spend. Ten minutes in a sweets shop won't kill us!" Jared pouted.

"You're one of the strongest mages in existence and you're whining over not getting a lollipop?" Eliza couldn't believe any of it.

"Yes," Jared answered straight face which received a fist bump from Alddes. "I will pull the dungeon card if I have to."

"I have a whole new respect for Caroline. I do, I really do." Eliza shook her head. "And fix your robes! They keep falling off."

"Just so you know, Ross went with Calvin and Mari to keep an eye on those two. I don't trust them alone." Jared tied the top of his robe together. His, like Mari's, was white and had his magic flow on it in blue. His magic flow outline his robe and hood. His sleeves were shorter than Mari's since he used his hands for more than casting spells.

"Oh yes, I do know. Caroline actually came up and apologized to me. Saying how she would have taken command of this team but like you, she didn't trust Mari and Calvin to be alone together."

"Aww, is that a hint of jealousy in your voice?" Alddes teased. "Don't worry, I'll love you!" Alddes went in for a hug, but instead got a face full of foot.

"I am not jealous of those two! I'm nearly ten years older than both of them!" Eliza gritted her teeth. "Okay, how about this? After we get the necessary troops and support, we'll come back and do whatever the hell you all want. Okay?" Eliza's patience was thinning. She was usually very patient, but something about those associated with the prophecy always made her set her teeth on edge.

"You promise?" Jared glared at her. "It really has been a long time since I had candy. If you don't hold up your end of the deal, I will make your life miserable. I'll give Alddes a key to your place."

"Whoopie!" Alddes cheered. "It'll be a dream come true!"

"Gods...yes I promise." Eliza rolled her eyes. Jared and Alddes did the secret handshake they had created the day before in triumph.

"So, who'll be the one to request the audience? Me or Jared?" Sabine asked when she tore her gaze away from a window.

"You will. You're far more familiar with the customs than sugar boy here." Eliza glanced at Jared who had stopped. "Jared? What's the hold up?"

"Danielle?" Jared asked. In front of the four person team, was a blonde Lumtrish girl sweeping out an antique store. When she heard her name, she glanced up and dropped her broom.

"J-Jared?" Danielle took a step forward, then another, and another until she ran full sprint into her his arms. "Jared!" She laughed as he swung her around. He set her two feet back on the ground and brushed a few pieces of hair out of her face. Danielle Moreau had long, golden honey blond hair and beautiful, deep blue diamond eyes. Her porcelain skin carried dimples whenever she let her world shattering smile cross her face which is did then. Her ruby red, small full lips couldn't seem to stop. In the six months Jared hadn't seen her, she had grown a little taller, but still held the same small frame. Her plain purple dress did well to hide her thin muscles.