Chapter Thirty One: In Defense of a Former Enemy (Part One)

Nadia, Icarus, and Mathis all sat anxiously in an inn. In order for them to speak to the Queen of Demintrea, they needed to know if the others had succeeded in their endeavors. By having the other three countries already in agreement, it will be proof that they know that Trajare is the true enemy in the war and that Demintrea was forced into the bloody war. Nadia already knew that Devin had succeeded, he had been the first. He, along with Finbar, Theron, and Britt were on their way to Demintrea to meet up with Nadia then head back to the Republic together.

"Ah, Mari just telepathed me that all went well and Eestri has agreed to the meeting at the Republic to negotiate terms for the alliance." Nadia sighed with relief.

"Okay, that's good...that's is good right?" Mathis was antsy. Nadia clearly showed her Trajarean traits and everyone they had come across took notice. He had been tasked with keeping Nadia alive by the other Children of Prophecy. He had to keep a very watchful eye out for anyone who might decide to take matters into their own hands to rid their country of Trajareans. It was him who had insisted they stay in their inn rooms and keep out of sight.

"Of course it is good. You need to relax," Icarus said.

"Jared's supposed to contact you soon right?" Mathis glanced out the window for the tenth time in five minutes.

"Mathis, relax," Nadia smiled at him. "We'll be fine."

"Devin's supposed to arrive in two days right?" Mathis needed to confirm. He always felt better with Devin by his side. Much like the rest of the army, he had long since stopped seeing Devin as a young boy. He only view him as the strong entity that he was.

"Mostly likely less with how crunched for time we are. He is most likely doing everything he can to make the journey faster," Icarcus confirmed.

"Ah! Jared just told me that Lumstra is on board as well. Time to go." Nadia stood up and Mathis caught her shoulder.

"Hood. Put your hood up." He pleaded.

"If it'll make you happy," Nadia sighed. Her hood floated up onto her head and much like her last robe, concealed her identity perfectly. Her white robe had her magic flow was green and it seemingly stretched from the front of her robe, to the back of it and then to her upper torso where it wrapped around her collar. She absolutely loved wearing it. It really made her feel like one of the heroes from her many books. She knew why Mathis was so nervous and she couldn't help but mirror those feelings. Nadia knew she was nearly as powerful as Mari or strongwilled like Jared and having only Mathis really to relay on in a fight, basically a stranger, didn't help to negate these feelings.

"We're getting a lot of stares," Mathis muttered under his breath. He walked a step behind Nadia to her right while Icarus did the same to her left. The idea being to make Nadia appear as important as she really was to discourage anyone who might attack them.

"Even rumors of the Phantom Army has reached Demintrea according to Britt's information. Our white clothing is what is catching their attention," Icarus explained.

"The castle where the Queen has recently taken residence isn't too far. Just keep it together until we get there," Nadia encouraged them both.

Despite having every eye they passed on them, not a single incident occurred on their way to the castle. The castle, Novetir, was one of three strongholds. It housed three hundred thousand troops past its gates. The Queen, Evelina Reina Luhkuh, had given up her palace to house refugees and taken up residency in one of the strongholds. It had taken Britt's people a little time, but they had managed to figure out which one. So when the three approached the gates and asked to see her royal highness, the response was expected.