PART ONE, Ch-1 What's in a name you say?

• Dedicated to Allah, Lord of the Universe!

                 In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

 "Peace and Blessings of Allah (Glorified and Exalted is He) be upon our beloved Prophet Muhammad (s.a.s), all his descendents and companions."

                                                                                                             Aameen.

"The most beautiful names belong to Allah: so call on Him by them."

                                                                                Al-Qur'an (7:180)

Note:Glossary is at the chapter's end.

CHAPTER ONE

"So how is it?" Didi asked anxiously, looking at my deliberately kept blank face for some kind of positive reaction.

We both were standing in the kitchen and I was being the judge for her this-week's-new-dish thing. She tries a different recipe every weekend and I usually taste it before the others. This tasting-commenting process is actually interesting; there is nothing one can lose, you kind of feel important as they look at you so expectantly while you taste their tasty dishes. That is, if they had made tasty dishes.  If not, then all my sympathy goes to the poor judge.  

"Well..." I chewed thoughtfully and took another bite of the soft, little golden ball. It was quite delicious but there was something in it, which I couldn't identify, something which was familiar but...

"Yes?" She waited eagerly.

"Well..." I began again with a playful smile. This is always a nice opportunity to tease Didi.

"Gudi!" She glared.

"Okay, Okay. Just cool Di, I have only one question. Did you add banana in this?" I inquired, savouring the last bite thoroughly. Ah yes it was the fruity taste of banana which I couldn't place before.

"Yea...Yes," She replied in a hesitant tone, her face becoming worried.

"Tut-tut..." I shook my head sadly.

"Oh Gudi! Does it spoil the taste? But it is the main ingredient... What should I do with all these?" She cried in dismay, looking at the bowlful of appealing, little golden balls. Told you this judging others especially Didi's dishes makes you feel important and all that. I simply tut-tutted and she was thinking of what to do with the rest.

"No Di, adding banana just makes them more..." I began hurriedly, before she starts to think that her little sweets were indeed that bad. 

"Yes? Makes them more?" She asked impatiently.

"It just makes them more...well...what I am trying to say is..." I paused again, smiling mischievously.

"Gudi!"

"...absolutely awesome!" I declared, grinning at her mad reaction.

"Do you think so?" She grinned back, her anger vanishing the way it came. This was one of her great qualities. Though she was easily piqued, she was quick to forgive and forget too.

"You know I found it good too when I tasted one after making them yet I wanted to know what you thought before others eat it. What do you think Ammi will say?" She asked with the worry back in her voice.

"She will love it." I assured her, and was about to take another tempting, golden ball when Didi whisked the bowl out of my reach.

"Hey!" I stared, baffled at her strange action.