Ch-2 Something about True Love

• Dedicated to Our Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W)

                      In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

‘Peace and Blessings of Allah (Glorified and Exalted is He!) be upon our beloved Prophet Muhammad (s.a.s), all his noble descendents and blessed companions.’

                                                                                                            -A'meen.

CHAPTER TWO

  Have you ever fallen in love? Fallen truly and madly in love? Then you will understand what I am talking about. And no, not that sappy and cheesy type of thing which these youngsters and children of these days talk about, for that always makes me wonder what the boy or girl who has just crossed their preteens is speaking about when they say that they are deeply or crazily in love. What is wrong with them? I don’t say that they aren’t capable of loving or they don’t even know the meaning of the word ‘love’. Because they do!

They do know what love is, haven’t they seen it many an infinite time shining in their parents eyes? Don’t they see it through their loving smiles, through their concealed sighs? Doesn’t the possessive protection of a brother reveal to them the true love behind it? Haven’t they felt it in the sudden hug of their little sister, in the sweet kiss of their baby brother?  

What I cannot understand is how easily they talk about having such a pure and tremendous emotion or passion for someone they had just seen or barely met or only chatted through the net. What happened to fearing Allah, the true Lord of the Universe? Does nobody teach them to lower their gaze when they see a Non- Mahram for the sake of Ar-Rahman, for the love of Ar-Rahman? Have they never experienced the joy of saying,

‘O Allah! Every time when I lowered my gaze, it was with love that I hoped

Ah for this, tomorrow I would see Thy most Beautiful and Blessed Face.”

For it is neither funny nor frustrating, more like pitiful to see these people repeat the same lines or quotes about their ‘eternal love’ to five different persons in a single year. And what can be said about them who listen to such silly things and even believe in it only to discover sooner or later that it was just a pack of stale lies.

If you so desperately want to fall in love, why don’t you learn from those experiences, leave those haram ways, and turn to the One who loves you like no one can ever do! He Loves you seventy times more than a mother’s love, and ah! Have you seen a mother loving her child? Just multiply it by seventy (scholars say seventy in Arabic actually means something beyond count) and you will get the answer of Allah’s love for you. And you leave such Ar-Rahman’s love and go behind whom?

Umar bin Al-Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Once a woman was searching for her child and when she found him, she took hold of him, pressed him against her chest and gave him her breast to nurse him. Allah's Messenger Muhammad (saw) saw her and asked us: "Do you think this woman would ever afford to throw her child in the fire? We said: "By Allah, so far as it is in her power, she would never throw her child in the fire. Thereupon Prophet Muhammad (saw) said: 'Allah is more Merciful to his believing servants than this woman is to her child.'

(Sahih Al-Bukhari, Sahih Al-Muslim)

It is He, Allah, the Most Loving and the Best of all Creators! Who created you when you were nothing! Created you from Nuthfah (dirty water), created you in the darkness upon darkness of your mother’s womb. Then He bestowed you a shape from clay, gave you sight, hearing and all other senses. He gave you life and appointed angels who fed you in the extreme darkness, then by His will you came out and you were worse than a newborn calf who after its birth at least knows how to walk and eat. And for you, Allah (Glorified and Exalted is He!) blessed flowing milk from your mother’s bosom, and turned it cold during hot weather and hot during cold temperature. And then taught you to speak, to walk, to eat;