Chapter 24

*~*~Emily's POV~*~*

We all took turns in reading the letter and let me tell you that no one is pleased.

Horrified? Angry?

Don't let me get started on Alec. Once he read it he was about to storm out that door, search for her and kick her sorry ass!

The adults tried keeping their control in check, while Eva and I shared a horrified look and just sat there holding each other's hands.

"Don't worry girls we'll find a solution for this in the morning. Just go sleep and it'll all be fine." Dad tried assuring us.

"But what if she comes and does something for us at night dad?" Eva asked, frightened.

I squeezed her hand as Alec said, "Like hell you guys are sleeping alone!"

***** 2 days later *****

I woke up to yelling and screaming. Mom was screaming her lungs out as everyone started asking someone to get out of the house.

And then I heard her voice. Though I've never heard it before, i directly knew what the fuss was all about.

She came!

She had the guts to actually come over!

I woke up to see Eva rubbing her eyes and her eyes widening.

"Is that..?" She asked and I nodded furiously.

"Should we go downstairs?" Eva asked scared.

"I don't think so.."

We stayed in the room listening to the commotion downstairs.

"LEAVE!" Mom yelled

"YOU'LL NEVER BE MY MOTHER! YOU STOPPED BEING MY MOTHER YEARS AGO! IN FACT MY MOTHER IS DEAD! AND YOU'LL NEVER GET TO SEE THEM SO GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS HOUSE!" Mom yelled again.

"You disobeyed me! You let them live when I said-"

"DONT YOU SEE IT!?! I DONT CARE WHAT THE HELL YOU SAID! THEY ARE MY KIDS! AND IF YOU HAVE THE HEART TO KILL YOUR KIDS THEN I DONT!"

"Get out Maria! Get out now or I'll call the cops!" Dad said, threateningly.

"You deserve to be in jail and that's where you'll be!" Alec yelled as he ran somewhere.

"Your dad died! And I gave him a promise! A promise!! I can't break that promise to him!" Maria said

"YOU gave him a promise and its not my fault! You're a psychopath and if he were to be alive right now he'd probably kill you himself!" Mom said, sobbing.

"If you don't hand them over I'll find a way to get to them myself! I'm warning you!" Maria threatened.

"If you dare touch my kids, I'll kill you with my bare hands, Maria!" Dad threatened.

This went on until we heard the sound of the police car outside.

Oh my god! Alec actually called the police! Eva and I shared a look as we smiled at what Alec did.

But the smile faded just as the door of our room opened and Maria appeared looking deathly scary.

"Here you are!" She said, walking our way.

We held on to each other's hands so tights as she came closer. And just like that she got a gun out of her purse and aimed it at us.

My eyes widened and tears stared falling out of my eyes.

"Scared now are you?" She said as Mom, dad and the cops rushed into the room.

"If you come close I'll shoot!" She yelled, standing behind us and aiming it at Eva's head while she pulled at my hair earning a scream out of me.

"MOOM!! Please stop her!" Eva yelled

"Mama is not gonna help you now bitch!"

A rock was thrown into the room breaking the window and earning everyone's attention. And just as Maria turned away, a cop came attempting to take her gun.

Maria came to her senses and the fought for the gun shooting the lamps, the bed, everything.

Eva and I were hugging each other so hard and crying.

But then a gun shot was heard, earning a scream afterwards and I had no idea if it was out of me or Eva but all I knew was that everything went black and something crashed.