Chapter 25

They wondered how could she survive, all the things life had done to her, until they got to know her, then they realized, her beautiful angel wings, that looked so soft and delicate from a distance, were made of steel •                 -   Reggie Nulan  -

*~*~Author's POV~*~*

A deafening scream filled the room. But when everyone realized what happened, they all screamed and rushed to the limp body that was lying on the ground surrounded by blood yearning to be saved.

"CALL THE AMBULANCE!!!" Someone yelled.

"No please don't close your eyes!!"

"Stay with me!"

"We'll get help I promise!"

Her limp body started shutting down slowly, part by part until her eyes started to grow tired unable to stay open anymore. She wanted to tell them not to cry, that she'll make it, that she'll fight and do no matter what it takes to keep her heart beating, but she never got the chance to.

The last thing she remembered was holding onto her sister's hand lightly and her pained face was the last thing she saw before darkness consumed her vision all at once, not taking her permission before doing so.

Though only one person was satisfied with what happened. Standing at the corner of the room smirking, satisfied with her work.

----

They were all sitting, waiting patiently for any doctor to emerge out of the ER and inform them that she's going to be okay. Silence and silent crying were all what filled the room.

An hour or so later, a doctor emerged out of the room and Mary rushed over to him and asked about the well being of her daughter.

"Is she going to be okay doctor?" She asked, her face strained with tears.

Silence.

More Silence.

And yet more of it.

Rodrick stepped forward and asked again but the doctor asked to see them in his office so he could discuss it in private. Once they reached the office Mary broke down again.

"P-please..tell me..she's going..t-to be o-okay." She cried.

Rodrick hugged his wife, trying to calm her down. As they both looked toward the doctor waiting for his following words.

"Unfortunately, your daughter has gone into a coma and no one knows when or if she'll wake up at all. We took care of her wound and took out the bullet but for some reason her body refuses to wake up and same goes to her. I'm sorry to inform you that." He finished.

"NO!! Please tell me you're joking!" Mary cried.

Rodrick, sorrowfully held his wife as they both went out to inform the rest.

----

"Can I at least see her? Please mom! She's my twin sister!"

"Yes, ofcourse you can, hun. We'll all go see her.." Mary said, unable to hold her tears.

They all walked to her room and rushed towards her frail body that was lying on the hospital bed.

"Emily, please wake up! I promise we'll figure it out together just wake up please!!" Eva cried after seeing her sister unable to respond.

Alec squeezed Eva's shoulder and they all spent the day in the hospital.

Everyone was informed of Emily's state and everyone came and visited leaving flowers all over the room. But what are flowers going to do if she's still not waking up?