Chapter 3: Home

Cami's POV:

If there was ever a day I wished work would go by slower, today was that day. I often found myself counting down to the minute when I could leave the confusion of the gallery and set off on my stress free walk down the streets I had come to love. Instead, the rest of my time from when Sean left flew by in what felt like mere minutes. Eloise had shown up from her breakfast, excusing me from playing boss and insisting she needed no extra help. After what felt like a quick walk, I was hopping up the stairs to the townhouse and was greeted by Finn as soon as I stepped inside.

I gathered some things into a pile on my bed and began packing for what was surely going to be a very difficult weekend in all respects. I pulled out enough clothes for a few days and all other necessities I would need.

As I scanned through the back of my closet for some lighter clothing, since Newport tended to be a bit warmer than San Francisco. My fingers brushed an article of clothing I had actually forgotten I owned. The light maroon fabric still felt so beautiful, reminding me of how beautiful the day Harry had given it to me was. Valentine's day had felt like a lifetime ago and I could hardly believe that once upon a time, I was living that life.

I sighed and stuffed it back so deeply that I was bound to forget about it all over again, just like I had done with my feelings.

I was praying that by some miracle, I would not run into Harry on this trip.

I needed things to go smoothly, not just for me but for Charli and Caleb, who this whole trip was really about. I hated the awkward position mine and Harry's breakup had put them in and I would try my best these next few days to make things as easy as possible on both of them. The drama between us was the last thing these soon-to-be parents needed to be worrying about.

__________________________________

As expected, the rest of the afternoon had gone and went and I was seated in the airport waiting for my plane to board.

It seemed like everything wanted to go extremely well for me today, in the sense that there was little lines of people before me, everywhere I went. This made check in, bringing Finn to the pet drop off and even security, fly by in no time at all.

Exactly what I wanted, making the time till I touched down in Newport even shorter.

I think it was safe to say I was a ball of stress and anxiety at this point.

Eloise had seen right through my calm facade on the drive over and had tried her best to calm my nerves. Only problem was, I was on my fifth cup of coffee for the day and running on little sleep, making my nerves intensify. When I had finally been called up to board the plane, my hands were shaking so much from my caffeine high, that even the man taking my ticket looked at me with concern.

By the time I had gotten settled in my seat, I could feel the caffeine wearing off and knew my body was ready to crash. It couldn't have come at a better time as the flight attendants overly cheery voice rang through the aircraft, lulling me to sleep at the mention of the location of the emergency exits on board.

________________________________

"Ladies and gentlemen, as we begin our descent, the crew asks that your seats and tray tables are in their full upright position. Make sure your seat belt is securely fastened and all carry-on luggage is stowed underneath the seat in front of you or in the overhead bins. Thank you."

I rubbed the sleep from eyes, only comprehending the last bit of the flight attendants message.

Just as the rest of my day had been, the flight had gone quickly due to the fact that I was passed out through most of it.