Chapter 3

-Congratulations Ray! You gave us a scare, but we are very happy for you, aren't we love??.-

- Love? Are you dating??, Burton, why didn't you tell me anything?. - Burton just smiled at me and took Sarah's hand, but his smile didn't light up his eyes,  he seemed  sad, almost angry.

- You know how he is. Anyway, we've just been together for only took two weeks.- Something is not right with Burton, I thought.

- And Ville??, Didn't you guys call him??.-

- We called him several times, but he never answered his phone. - Burton tells me without removing his gaze from the window.

After filling out the necessary paperwork so I could leave the hospital,  Sara went home to her apartment, and Burton drove me home. On the way home, he looked very serious and  hardly looked at me, Did I do  something to upset him?.

- Burton, are you mad at me?.-

- I could never be angry at you Ray, you're my best friend, but I can't hide this secret anymore, especially with what's happening with you.

- What are you talking about? What secret?.-

- It's just that . . .-

- Hey, you're scaring me burton, what's going on?.-

- It's about Ville . . . I just don't know how to say this. You may not believe me.-  He looked upset and sad at the same time.

We got to my house, and Burton parked his car out front, I didn't see Ville's car, so he probably wasn't home yet. Burton got out of the car and walked me to the door.

- Why don't you stay and have coffee with me so we can keep talking.  I know that something's bothering you  Burton and you're gonna tell me, come on.-

We went inside and straight to the kitchen to make coffee. Once it was ready, we went to the living room to talk.

- I know that I have to tell you because you're my best friend and you deserve to know the truth, but Ville is also my friend, and I would betray him  if I do.

- Burton, I don't understand. Is it something serious? Is there something wrong, Ville?

- The thing is that Ville . . . -

Suddenly we heard a loud noise coming from upstairs. We climbed up the stairs, and we were still hearing noises as we got closer, I was a little scared, so I took Burton's hand, and he just smiled at me. We got to my bedroom, the noises apparently were coming from there, Burton opened the door and I couldn't believe what I was seeing, my eyes filled with tears and I felt a rage that was burnning my heart.

- I want you to leave Ville, I never want to see you again.-

- Raven, please give me a chance to explain. - Ville says putting on his clothes is as fast as he can.

- I don't need you to explain anything to me, Ville. Everything is very clear. -

 I looked down so he couldn't see the tears that were rolling down my cheeks. The scene I had just witnessed made my heart ache, Ville was cheating on me with another woman in our house, in our own bed. I let go of Burton's hand and ran out. I didn't want to see Ville with this woman. I went down the stairs as fast as I could, but my eyes were full of tears. Everything was so blurry, and I tripped on  the stairs.

- Raven! Are you okay?. - Burton yelled as  he came down the stairs along with Ville and that woman.

- Burton, it really hurts. It hurts a lot! -