Chapter Two: Shots Fired

"W-what is that?!" A man asked, he was on his hands and knees on the ground as he looked on. He shook with fear as he stared up the barrel of a silver gun. The gunman cloaked in black merely smirked. His pistol pointed straight at the man's head. "Don't worry your little head."

He pulled the trigger.

"So ruthless." A feminine voice taunted from behind him. The man clothed in black didn't look back. "Did you get the money?" The girl laughed.

The begging man lay on the ground, he shook terribly, his eyes were glazed over. The voltage might have been too much, but the man with the gun didn't care.

"Naturally. It's not like the dead will miss their cash." She stepped forward, and hooked her arm around his.

"Let's go, Brother Dearest."

"On you, Demitri."

The girl's mouth twitched into a smile. She raised a hand and traced several shapes into the air. Letters appeared, burned into the air before her. With a single word an opaque haze was cast about the room, engulfing everything in a dull white tone.

In front of the pair a pure white passageway grew, pulsing and shifting with luminescent energy.

The brother, emptied the shell from his gun. Demitri giggled, "Lets see how long it takes for the council to figure it out this time."

The pair stepped through the passage and disappeared without a trace.