Chapter Three: In Case of Fire...

He laughed, "Come on little shadow! Hurry up!" Malachi watched his "sister" run out of her house. She bowed in greeting.

"You know you don't have to bow? I'm just a friend. It's not formal." He watched her step behind him like always. Such a quiet kid. She rarely spoke, but when she did one had better listen close. He started to lead her away. She was blind, yes, but she used all her other senses to map out her surroundings. She didn't need help, but he helped anyway. Today, they were planning a prank on the light people.

Malachi turned, hearing Zaria speak. "We should be careful. The Light people do enjoy killing..."

"You're right, but we've done it before to all the other factions, so what does it matter?" Malachi asked.

Zaria sighed, and took out a homemade fire pile grenade. "I'm ready when you are birdbrain."

She watched Mal take the grenade and toss it into their faction as it burst into flames, but the flames were black.

He laughed hard and threw a few more filled with green, blue, and more black flames. They weren't extremely harmful. Though they did cause quite the scare. They both laughed and started to run as the Light Guards began to take action. Mal grabbed her hand as she heard him whisper, "Just in case, little sister."

The two ran faster.

She followed close behind him trying to buckle the belts on her pack. Zaria's power wasn't the strongest, so she picked up using it to invent things: specifically weapons, or things to help the faction. Then they turned, hearing yells from the Light Guard. Mal lifted Zaria onto his back.

"Can't let them catch us!" He laughed.

They leapt across roofs. Zaria finally buckled the belts and began to charge the pack. They worked as wings, powered by Zaria's flames. They slowly start to beat as they charged up. Mal was dodging bullets from their special guns as Zaria got them charged. She let out the thrust. Mal leapt up as they started to gain altitude. Zaria laughed at the Light people as they flew off. Luckily, no one got a glimpse of their faces, so they were safe from any wanted posters.

Mal spoke, "Causing trouble is so much fun!!"

Zaria carried him as they got back to their faction before dropping as the wings fell to her side. She was so drained... She would have to train more if she wanted to do that again...

Mal applauded her.

"You never cease to amaze me little sis!" He skipped off as she slowly regained herself. Zaria slowly walked home, and began making tea and some breakfast.