Chapter Four: Guilty as Charged

Caspian never liked visiting the Light people. They were always so much more harsh than the Dark people. The worst part was going alone. He wished Rhys could go with him but Rhys is not allowed to leave the Dark Palace until he is twenty one. He still had four more years. Cas had been allowed to move around freely since he was fifteen.

The Light people had a similar castle to the Dark. Cas had to go through several blockades of guards before he could finally enter the throne room. He nervously ran a hand through his red hair and stepped inside. There were three thrones.

The large, center throne was occupied by a large man. The King of the Light. On his right, the throne was empty. On his left a petite girl perched, legs crossed in a long black dress. Her name was Demitri. She was the Light princess. It was funny, Cas thought, she looked the exact opposite.

Cas entered further and knelt down before the King and his daughter. "Your Grace," Cas addressed. The King nodded and Caspian rose.

"Speak," the King ordered. The Lights were not a big fan of Caspian's people either.

Cas rose and cleared his throat. "I have recently returned from Pandemonium," Cas stated. The King Raised his eyebrows. "As you know I am the Dark Queen's Traveller and spy. I have received warning of what the humans are planning."

"What could they do to us?" The Princess interrupted. She said it coldly. One of her perfectly sharp eyebrows was raised.

Cas lowered his eyes, not wanting to show disrespect. "They are planning attacks. I would hope, Your Grace, that you are aware of the damage their weapons can do to our people-"

Suddenly the door behind Caspian flew open. Caspian turned around to witness a blonde man dragging in a teenage girl and a man who looked close to Caspian's age.

"Found them," the blonde said plainly. The shoved the two to the ground and walked by them, not caring when he stepped on the girl's fingers. He marched up and stood lazily next to Cas.

"What do you want me to do now?" The man asked lazily. He rested a hand on his hip and stared bored at the King.

"Sephiram," the King said in greeting. "Thank you for catching them, but as you can see I'm in the middle of an important meeting." The King gestured to Cas.

Sephiram turned to look at Cas. Then he really looked at him and Cas felt himself turn red. Cas had to stand there awkwardly as Sephiram's eyes raked over him since he really had nothing to say. "Seems boring," Sephiram said without looking away from Cas.

"Hey," the guy Sephiram had dragged in said. "We didn't do anything, so can we please leave? We have things to attend to."

"Did The King give you permission to speak?!" Sephiram suddenly snapped finally stepping and looking away from Cas. The guy had stood up and was suddenly dropping down as Cas realized Sephiram had a gun. It was strange, seeing a human weapon here.

"Let him speak, Sephiram," The King demanded. "What're your names?"

Now that Sephiram had taken a step back the man stood again. "My name is Malachi. This is Zaria."

"Ah," The King mused. "I've heard of you two. You're notorious in the Flames. Mainly for mischief. Now I just want to know why you brought it over here in the place that is obviously not your territory." The King sounded angry. Or maybe offended was the right word.

Neither Zaria or Malachi had anything to say to that. Cas figured that meant they were guilty and had no excuse.

"Just say the word, boss." Sephiram cocked his gun and raised it pointing at Zaria. She didn't seem to notice.

"Drop it," Demitri suddenly spoke up. She stood from her throne and started descending the stairs.

"Now, listen closely." Demitri came very close to Malachi and Zaria. "This boy over here is bringing word of war and you are coming over here and playing pranks?!" Demitri was a small girl, but at that moment she felt ten feet tall.

"We could die at any moment," she informed the prisoners. "Pandemonium is rising. We were trying to get some fucking details, but you just had to ruin it." No one pointed out that is was actually Sephiram who interrupted. "Now, you two obviously owe us but for now we're going to let Caspian keep talking okay?" Demitri batted her eyes and turned to stalk back to her throne swaying towards Sephiram for a moment.

The Princess looked at Caspian and smiled. Cas took this as a cue to continue. He cleared his throat once more. "The Dark Queen has proposed an alliance," he said. It was the quickest and simplest way he could think to put it.

"That is interesting," Sephiram said with a grin. "And tell us pretty boy, how did she actually think we were going to do that? With all of the past wars between us?"

"It's a wonderful idea," said The King. Sephiram looked choked up for a moment as if he didn't believe what he had just heard.

"It is wonderful," The King repeated. Even his daughter looked baffled. "I suppose the Flames will also have to agree. We will need a full council meeting. Until then, my daughter will travel with you, Caspian, back to the Dark Palace."

"Why?" Demitri demanded suddenly.

"Darling," The King said gently. "We must make sure that this is not a trap."

"I will go too," Sephiram said. "For protection obviously," he added, glancing at Caspian.

"What about us?" Zaria asked.

"Hm, yes," The King mused. "Yes, what about you?" He thought of a moment. "You will travel with them and can return home at the meeting."

Zaria looked like she was about to say something but Malachi placed a hand in her shoulder and stopped her. She looked angry but said no more.