Chapter Ten: Mommy Says

Caspian's arms were loaded down with shopping bags full of food and other necessary items.

"No," Sephiram said to him for maybe the thousandth time.

"Yeah," Cas responded. Seph was also carrying groceries down the hall.

"But...but why?" Seph asked sounding genuinely confused.

"Why what?" Cas snapped trying to pull out his keys.

"Why do you think the prequels are better?" Sephiram asked. "How could you even say something like that?"

Caspian finally found his apartment key and turned to look Seph in the eyes. "Hayden Christensen," he said plainly.

"First of all, I am way more attractive than Hayden Christensen. Second of all, uhm when was the last time you used your eyes? The Prequels were digital everything, and what was up with those battle droids? Nope," Sephiram said causing Caspian to laugh as he was unlocking the door.

"Whatever you say," he said walking inside the apartment. He didn't know what to expect when he entered, but it definitely was not his human friend Huey, who was not supposed to know he was in town. He felt his smile fall when he noticed him speaking to Zaria while Mal and Rhys lingered nearby. Demi was curled up on his couch.

"What are you doing here?" Caspian asked. He tried to keep his tone pleasant, but honestly he was in no position to deal with yet another person crowding his apartment.

"Oh I ran into your friend here," Huey started. Zaria cleared her throat loudly. "In the hall." Huey gave her a glare.

"Why were you in the hallway?" Cas asked Zaria. "And who said you could come in here?" He turned to Huey.

"It was feeling crowded," Zaria said. About that time Demi made a dramatic sigh and stood up walking over to drape herself on Sephiram. He paid no attention to her.

"She's lying," Demi said simply, checking her nails. "She ran away and they ran into each other. All that stuff. She just doesn't want you to be mad."

Caspian whipped around to face her. "What part of stay here didn't you understand?" He snapped.

"Hey don't yell at my sister!" Mal snapped back.

"Oh, shut it," Caspian told him. "This is my house so the least you could do is listen to what I tell you. Maybe I had your best interest in mind."

Rhys got up and came to stand next to his friend. "Hey, no need to shout," he said putting a soothing hand on Caspian's shoulder.

"It's just so confined in here," Zaria said.

"You think I don't know that?!" Cas asked ignoring the prince. "There's six people in this place! I was trying to make it a little more comfortable in here for everyone. Sorry my efforts weren't that great. And you," he turned to the human who was sitting silently stunned. "What the fuck dude?"

Huey raised his hands. "I have no words. Please don't kill me."

"Oh, kill him Cassy," Seph mused from behind Cas. "Make the show more entertaining."

Cas sighed not even bothering to look at the man behind him. "I'm not going to kill you." He lowered his tone. "But how did you know she was...well...one of us?"

"It was kind of obvious," Huey said. "In that outfit."

Caspian sighed and turned to Sephiram. "Unload those," he commanded.

"Wow, you know I love it when you boss me around, Cassy," he said sarcastically. Caspian flipped him off.

"Get out of my apartment, I'll call you later," he told Huey who jumped up, saluted, and left the room.

Caspian rubbed his eyes and went to help Seph with the bags. He pulled out one of the Lego® toy boxes and slid it to Zaria.

"I got you those to keep you from taking apart my things," Cas told her.

Zaria shook the box and handed it to Mal without looking. He opened it and gave it back. She dumped the contents on the small table Cas had in his kitchen.

Zaria lifted the tiny packages and spin them in her hands. "Cool," she said with a smirk. Rhys came up behind Cas and plucked an apple from the counter in front of him. "You should peel this for me," Rhys said.

"You do realize that we are not in the Castle anymore and I am not your servant," Cas said to him.

"Cassy," Rhys said burying his face in Caspian's shoulder.

"I'm not treating you like a child," Caspian said shoving his friend away. "No matter how much you act like one." Rhys sighed and bit into the apple anyway.

"Yes mom," he said with a smirk.

When everything was unpacked he pulled himself onto the counter since the couch and kitchen chairs were taken. He didn't know why Demi and Rhys felt the need to take up the entire sofa with their legs. A royalty thing probably.

Sephiram leaned on the counter next to him. Cas noticed Zaria building away, but the thing was she wasn't using any of the directions. Not that there was anything wrong with that.

"Hey, you know that'd be easier if you actually used the directions," Cas said swinging his legs.

Zaria's head snapped up. "Seriously?"

"Seriously what?"

"I'm blind you dumbass," Zaria snapped and Cas felt himself go still.

"You're what?!" he demanded.

"Blind. Blind. B-L-I-N-D."

"Yes yes I got it," Cas said. "But like...I can't believe I didn't notice."

"There's no way!" Rhys shouted from the other side of the room.

"There's a way," Malachi assured them. "She was born with it."

"Interesting," Sephiram said with a smirk.

"This is honestly just awkward," Cas said rubbing the back of his neck.

"You think?" Zaria said rolling her eyes.

Demi spoke up then. "You're all idiots. It was noticeable from the start."

"Shut up, Demi," Seph snapped and she huffed and sunk lower in the couch.

Cas shook his head. "Why don't we turn on the TV or something?"

"Perfect," Seph said.

"Yes, because I can totally see the TV, and yes I know exactly what that is," Zaria snapped. Caspian sighed once again and rubbed his face.