The Match is Set

"Come along Amy!" I exclaimed, walking out of my bedroom after a long night of packing both of our things. I pulled my straightened hair back into a ponytail, dressed and ready to go. After all, getting everything together took so long I had the choice of sleeping for about 20 minutes or getting ready for the day, I chose the latter.

"What are you talking about?" She asked as she yawned from the door frame of her bedroom. She shuffled to the living room, expecting to sit on her arm chair and deciding that I didn't want her fall I sped behind her and caught her under the arms. "Alex. Where are we going and why is all my stuff gone?" She asked looking up at me from her position.

I looked at her, perplexed.

"England," I stated as she flinched. "I thought I told you."

"You never told me any thing about England?" She said, as I helped her to stand, it sounding more like a question then a statement.

"Really? Not even the accent that I hid from you?" I asked as she turned to me, visibly upset.

"Of course not- you hid an accent from me? You're from England?!" She shouted, obviously outraged from the lack of information she had.

"Shh shh shh, neighbors!" I reminded her, pointing to either side of me with both hands. She scoffed.

"But yes, now are you going to continue being slow or are you going to pick up the suitcases I packed?" I asked, walking to our kitchen island and drinking the coffee that I started last night and didn't pick up again until now.

"You packed... You know what? Never mind! I'll just go get our stuff and get ready I guess." She said, scratching her head and finally giving up right when I thought she would.

"You realize we're moving right not just going on a trip?" I called after her, sipping.

"WHAT?!" She screamed from her room.

"It's obvious, all of our stuff is packed including the furniture and the moving men are here already."  I said simply, referring to the van that pulled into the parking garage of our apartment building and reading through the newspaper in the living room in my armchair.

"You know you say you're a sociopath but sometimes I think other wise." She said, trying to irk me.

"I'm a high functioning sociopath, look it up!" I said, saying what I usually say to everyone, a reimagined version of a line I stole from an old friend that I don't truly consider a friend any longer.

I turned my head as I heard faint talking down the hallway outside our door, I got up and opened the door, just as in if the men started to knock, somewhat excited seeing as I'm already getting close to being home.

I gave them both a once over, gaining information on them both and gauging how to interact with them based on said information. I decided being nice and cheery would put the big one at ease, seeing as he's nervous and would be appealing to the younger one, making him actually listen to me instead of just looking like he did. I put on a broad smile, the action hurting a bit seeing as my "cheery" reaction isn't used that often here in the states.

"Hello! Now, all of our stuff is in the garage for the most part, we do have our carry ons and two suitcases that we'll be taking ourselves but the suitcases that you'll need to worry about are up here in the kitchen behind me when you finish with everything downstairs. Oh! And I did leave my arm chair and the stool that matches it in the living room so I could read my paper in peace while waiting on you both. That's alright though, correct?" I questioned, letting my accent finally come into light, seeing no use in hiding it now.

"Should be fine." The teenager shrugged, looking to his bigger coworker for approval as he nodded.

"Wonderful! Well then I'll see you two down at the van once I finish my paper and do one more once over to make sure everything is clean and nothing is forgotten." I explained.