Hurt

I readjusted myself.

"You most certainly did not!" I denied.

"Alex, you're going to need to tell me about your past eventually!" Amy ordered.

"My past isn't important." I went over and picked up the files and went back to the desk and turning my lamp on as she followed me.

"What is important are these files." I took off my coat, dropping it on the floor and cracking my fingers.

"Let's get started."

For the rest of the night I read the files, over, and over and over again, memorising every last detail and going back in my mind palace for the memories of the crime scene we visited.

"Wait, Alex, look at this." she said looking at the file i gave to her.

"August 2nd, at 2:06 is when the first victim was killed." She stated as I looked at her file.

"Then, August 6th at 6:10, the next victim."

"And August 10th at 10:14, the next victim." my mind already knew what he was doing the second she started explaining.

"He's killing in multiples in two but skipping a number every time."

"Yeah! And the minute part of the time reveals the date he's going to kill next!"

"And guess what today is." she said looking at me.

I looked over at my calander, the date was:

August 14th 2010 and the time would be 14:10, military time.

"Amy its time to go now!" I ordered hastily.

"What? Oh ok! Let's go!"

We walked down our stairs to find Sherlock about to go down the other flight of them.

"Alexandra."

"Sherlock." I said shortly after him.

"Where are you going at this time of night?" He asked.

"I could ask the same question." I fired back quickly.

"Guys we don't have time for your nostalgic tension we have, 7 minutes! Let's go! Sherlock do you want to come with?" She asked.

"Amy!" I snapped.

"What?" She asked.

"No."

Sherlock said as I felt that odd and unfamiliar feeling of what people call "pain" again.

"What?" I asked my chest hurting for some odd reason.

"I said, no." He said once again.

I stared at him in a daze as Amy pulled me down the stairs.

I snapped out of it at the last second.

"Good thing too! You would've just slowed me down!" I yelled back at him from the bottom of the stairs.

He flinched ever so slightly.

"Well then I hope you'll be happy without me in your way!" He turned as noticed he had his trench coat on, it flapped a little as he went back to his apartment, his door slamming.

Amy hailed a cab as we got in and I told the cabbie the address.

"You really think that was necessary Alex?"

"I do not wish to speak about it." I spoke, looking out of my window and seeing Sherlock in his, seemingly looking down at me in the cab as we drove off.