Recognition

Three days came and went, and Amy and I were finally able to decorate our apartment, I also hadn't left the flat in the past three days. As much as I'd like to say it was because I didn't want to accidentally run into whoever our neighbors were downstairs, to be completely truthful it was. I woke up early, and decided to stay in my sheets from the bed in the apartment all day, mostly just conducting experiments from things I took from my last flat, I do need to find a way to get more materials...

That night I woke up abruptly from a nap to the sound of my my police scanner that I would steal from an officer in America I used to work with, I did it whenever he was annoying,

so a lot.

I crawled halfway out of bed on the side of it, turning the sound on the scanner up, It was tuned up to Britain's precinct, there was some buzz about a murder/suicide, finally! I thought to myself, everything else I had heard for the past few days had been so entirely boring I considered turning the thing off. I smirked. Hearing someone downstairs from me, I got out of bed and finally got dressed in a black turtleneck, black high waisted slacks, a maroon blazer along with my plaid purple wool trench coat, finishing the outfit with a gold chain and brown loafers. I brought my short hair into a low ponytail in the mirror in the living room.

"Amy! I need you! There's been a murder! It's Christmas!" I said happily grabbing my black gloves and scarf. I walked down the stairs as quick as I could completely forgetting why I hadn't left the flat in almost a week, walking past a open door, my stomach sank as I froze.

I furrowed my eyebrows, and walked backwards.

It was a man, only slightly familiar, and as I stared at him, my mind immediately went to work trying to deduce him.

Clever I thought to myself looking at his posture, but that was obvious, even Amy could figure that out, the observation was surface level.

I looked at his friend, ignoring the other man with grey hair and his hands on his hips, all feeling as though everything was in slow motion for some reason.

Recently met, not comfortable with each other quite yet... distrust.

As I continued to look up at the man with curly hair, something started to dawn on me. Not only could I barely deduce him but he seemed familiar...

????

????

My eyebrows furrowed.

No, it's not that I could barely deduce him, I can't deduce him at all. This only happens with one man. The clues from days past started to align with each other as my breath caught in my mouth, I turned to Amy, making sure my brain wasn't broken.

Birthday soon

Hoping to get a boyfriend here

Utterly confused.

No, it can't be him. Then again, my deductions are never wrong.

Sherlock's pov: I had just asked John if he would come investigate a murder with me when a woman walked passed the door.

African American...

straightened hair, not permed

I remember what I heard her say.