Idiots

We got to Baker Street, going into Sherlock's apartment, I put the suitcase in the kitchen, then sat on the floor next to him on the couch so I could converse with him. I was offered a nicotine patch. I turned to him.

"No thanks. I'll just wait for Amy to get here with the sweets."

He put the patch on his own arm, and started to pace, and texted someone, (most likely John) we mumbled a few words to each other, creating and throwing away ideas. He tried to call out for Mrs. Hudson, but she didn't hear.

Amy came in a while later, giving me the sweets as I tore into them, the sugar opening my brain to new ideas.

Soon, he laid himself down on the couch, breathing slowly, the nicotine kicking in.

Eventually, John walked in, taking in the sight of Amy on her iPod, wrappers surrounding me in a circle and Sherlock on the couch.

"What are you doing?" John asked.

"Nicotine patch. Helps me think." Sherlock said calmly, lifting his right hand to show them.

"Impossible to sustain a smoking habit in London these days. Bad news for brain work." Sherlock said.

"It's good news for breathing." John said, walking into the room a bit more.

"Oh, breathing. Breathing's boring." Sherlock said dismissively. John looked at me.

"Alright what about you what are you doing?" He asked.

"Sweets. Used to smoke like him but I've been clean since high school I obviously needed something to replace the addictive quality of cigarettes, or else I'd relapse, so here I am."

"I see... a-are those three patches?" John said, looking at Sherlock again.

"It's a three-patch problem." Sherlock said, his hands in a prayer position under his chin. He closed his eyes again as John looked around the room.
"Well?" He asked. Sherlock stayed silent.

"You asked me to come. I'm assuming it's important." John said again.
Sherlock still didn't respond, but after a couple of seconds his eyes snapped open as I closed mine, simply listening now.

"Oh yeah of course can I borrow your phone?" Sherlock asked.

"My phone?" John questioned.

"Don't wanna use mine. Always a chance that the number will be recognised. It's on the website." He explained.

"Mrs Hudson's got a phone." John tried.

"Yeah, she's downstairs. I tried shouting but she didn't hear." Sherlock answered.

"I was the other side of London." John said angrily.

"There was no hurry." Sherlock said.

I could hear the glare coming from John as I'm guessing he eventually tried to give Sherlock the phone.

"Here." He said shortly.

Nothing happened, I then heard foot steps coming closer to us. I heard the phone hit Sherlock's palm and listened to John walking around a bit before turning.