Decisions

I looked back at the flat, my decision made, I went to the other side of the cab and opened the door, the car dipping as Sherlock and I got in as the cabbie, who I figured was named Jeff, started the engine.

"How did you find me?" Sherlock asked.

"Forget about him how did you find me? I was in America until only three days ago that must've been nearly impossible." I spoke.

"Oh, I recognised yer, soon as I saw you chasing my cab. Sherlock 'olmes and his leading lady Alexandra Brim! I was warned about you two. I've been on your websites too. Brilliant stuff! Loved it!"

"Who warned you about us?" He asked.

"Just someone out there who's noticed the both of you."

"Who?" I asked, looking at his neck and butchered picture of two young children, figuring out what was wrong with this man.

"Who would notice him? Let alone me in another country?" I asked.

His eyes shifted breifly in the rear view mirror.

"You're too modest, Mrs. Brim."

"It's Miss." I corrected harshly.

"And neither of us are." I added glancing at Sherlock.

"You've got yourselves a fan." He mused.

"Tell me more."

"That's all you're gonna know ..." He paused dramatically as I rolled my eyes.

"... in this lifetime."
I stopped the recording, and sent it to Amy.

Tell John to follow us now.

-AB

I Texted from the inside of my pocket.

We finally stop at the front of two identical buildings side by side. Jeff turned off the engine and got out, coming to the passenger door and opening it. He looked in at the two of us.

"Where are we?" He asked.

"You know every street in London. You know exactly where we are." Jeff accused.

"Roland-Kerr Further Education College. Why here?" He asked.

"It's open; cleaners are in. One thing about being a cabbie: you always know a nice quiet spot for a murder. I'm surprised more of us don't branch out." He said.

"And you just walk your victims in? How?" I asked.

Jeff raised a gun at us as we both scoffed. I rolled my eyes, turning away.

"Oh, dull." Sherlock sighed.

"Yeah you really could've been more creative with that one." I taunted after him.

"Don't worry. It gets better." Jeff grinned.

"You can't make people take their own lives at gunpoint." Sherlock informed.

"I don't. It's much better than that." He spoke, lowering the gun.

"Don't need this with you lot, 'cause you'll follow me." He predicted, swaggering off into the building.

I sighed.

"We are going to follow him aren't we?" I frowned.

"Of course are." Sherlock confirmed, we got out, following Jeff into the building.

At Roland-Kerr College, Jeff opens the door of a room and stands aside so that Sherlock and I can get in. He looks at the cabbie closely but steps inside the room anyways, Jeff releases the door and lets it swing closed as he walks over to some switches on the wall and turns on the lights. The men are in a large classroom which has long, fixed wooden benches and free-standing plastic chairs. Sherlock walks deeper into the room, looking around.