Articles

/

I.O.I will be free to promote individually after debut if desired.

Regarding the possibility of the members promoting alone, I.O.I's agency YMC Entertainment stated, "Even from the planning process of I.O.I, we did not limit them from doing individual promotions."

It continued, "They can do so as long as it does not interfere with the group promotions."

Meanwhile, after "Produce 101″ ended, I.O.I members are currently busy preparing their debut mini-album, which will be released on May 4, and filming various advertisements and photo shoots. They also recently began filming their daily lives for an upcoming variety show.

Whose solo activities are you looking forward to the most?

/

Girl group I.O.I racks up yet another endorsement before they debut!

The group, who is set to debut in May, have already received countless offers from advertisers to be their new models. They count beverage companies as well as skincare companies among the ones that they have already signed contracts with and now there is another big endorsement they have just confirmed.

I.O.I have become the new models for SK Telecom, which is known to have the top stars as their models, including AOA member Seolhyun as well as boy group BTS.

We wont have to wait long for their official debut as they are set to release their album on May 4. They will have their debut showcase and fan meeting soon after on May 5.

/

I.O.I will be holding their first showcase on May 5.

According to representatives of the girl group on April 26, the group will be donating all of the proceeds from the showcase tickets.

I.O.I, a group made up of the final 11 members from Mnet's "Produce 101," will be releasing their mini album on May 4, finally making their official debut. The group will then hold a showcase at Jangchoong Stadium for three thousand people the following day on May 5, which will be their first official debut stage.

The tickets for the showcase will be sold at 1000 won (approximately $0.87 ) per ticket. All proceeds will be donated under I.O.I and their fans' names to the charity selected based on the opinions of the fans.

Tickets for I.O.I's showcase will open starting April 30 at 2 p.m. KST exclusively through the music site, Melon.

Meanwhile, for the fans who cannot make it to the event in person, the showcase will be streamed live through Melon's AZTalk, YouTube channel 1theK, and Melon as well.

/

Project girl group I.O.I have filmed a mobile game commercial!

On April 27, Net Marble Games revealed the behind-the-scenes video of the commercial I.O.I filmed for the game on their official YouTube channel.

In the video, the girls pair black shirts with checkered accents as well as their trademark school uniforms from "Produce 101." Despite being rookies, the girls act completely professional on set, monitoring their poses after the shoot carefully.

But when the cameras are off, the girls are as lively as ever. The mobile game is a popular FPS game in Korea and the girls carry guns and salute in military style in the video.

/

I.O.I's Jung Chaeyeon reveals her personal thoughts on the ranking of her fellow members in terms of looks in an interview with @star1 magazine.

In the interview, she names Kim Doyeon, Jun Somi, and Zhou Jieqiong (Pinky) as the top three visually gifted members of the group. She adds, "Kim Sohye and everyone have all become much prettier," and explains that "it's probably because we've adapted to being on camera."

In the interview, Jung Chaeyeon also tells a story of how she met singer Min Kyung Hoon when she appeared on JTBC's "Hidden Singer 4" as a member of DIA, and crossed paths with him again as a member of I.O.I on JTBC's "Older Brother." She jokingly shares, "But his character then and now are very different. I was shocked."

Nevertheless, she is grateful to Min Kyung Hoon, as well as the other seniors who took care of them during recording.

When asked how her life has changed after Mnet's "Produce 101," she responds, "The biggest difference is that many people recognize me now, so I've become more careful about how I act."

After going through the show, she expresses that her skill and stamina are at their best condition so far and she now feels capable of taking anything on.

More stories and thoughts of the I.O.I members are revealed on the May issue of @star1.

Who are your picks for I.O.I's visual top three?

/