Articles /4/

/

I.O.I is unarguably one of the most anticipated girl group debuts thus far this year, having resulted due to viewer voting through the show Produce 101via Mnet.

However, as the girl group was created - albeit temporarily as they will only promote together for 10 months - under the cable channel Mnet, there were also expectations that I.O.I would have a tough time with discrimination other broadcasting channels such as SBS, MBC and KBS as they have yet to perform on their music programs.

With their first week of music show promotions officially past them, fans are gearing up and preparing to vote online for a possible #1 trophy for the girls this week.

In particular, Inkigayo is currently facing a controversy after I.O.I was inexplicably left out of the early voting list. For May 22nd, songs such as Sechs Kies "Couple" and Busker Busker's "Cherry Blossom Ending" were included in the list, but questionably, so was Crush's "woo ah," released a day following I.O.I's "Dream Girl" which is nowhere to be found.

This exclusion from the pre-voting may hurt I.O.I's ranking on Inkigayo as the music chart is comprised of 55% digital sales, 35% SNS, 5% album sales and 5% pre-voting from viewers.

A music official was quoted saying, "At least give them an opportunity, it doesn't make sense to exclude them altogether. Even if the group was born out of an Mnet program, the nation is the one who selected them. Even if they didn't come from an SBS broadcast, the viewers want to see them."

In response to the allegations, an Inkigayo official said to Sports Chosun on the 10th, "I think there has been a misunderstanding. This is a rule that has nothing to do with bias but a rule that applies to everyone."

" I know there has been controversy involving I.O.I and their pre-voting for "Inkigayo". The producers only found out about this today. We began to look into it right away. Apparently I.O.I was not included in the Melon list but SBS has never requested for this to happen. In order to collect data from Melon it takes time. Every Monday the voting screen is opened based on Gaon Charts the week before but today was Tuesday and I think this is where the misunderstanding happened. In all honesty, rankings onW 'Inkigayo' is more dependent on Gaon charts. Melon only accounts for 5%. "

"They weren't able to have a comeback stage not because they are from a cable channel. Every singer wants to have a comeback stage on one of the big 3 broadcasts. But there's limited number of spots so not everyone gets a chance."

/

After being caught with controversy against the fans, it seems like YMC Entertainment have rectified the situation about I.O.I and their manager.

Earlier today, I.O.I's manager received a lot of backlash from the fans and netizens after a video yelling at the members after a schedule went viral. The video, which was originally posted on the group's official fan cafe, showed the manager yelling at the members to quickly get into their vehicle following a performance for The Show, especially towards member Yeonjung who was preoccupied with her umbrella and the fans present.

As the treatment was widely discussed online, some fans cannot help but comment on the rude behaviour towards the members, allowing YMC Entertainment to timely response.

In a recent update, the agency stated that the manager responsible for the incident has been reassigned to another job.

/

The members of rookie girl group IOI had to fight very hard during their time on Mnet survival show Produce 101 before getting where they are now.

And because most of the group members had the support of fans due to their relatively big agencies, fans are claiming that only of the girls made the group relying purely on her talents. Unlike her other fellow members, IOI's Kim Chung Ha is from M&H Entertainment and did not have a strong fan base before entering the competition.

/

Although there are many beautiful female idol groups, rookie group IOI has been praised for having exceptional visuals.

And while the girls have already been praised for their beauty in the past, fans couldn't believe the level of member Kang Mina's visuals in a recent photo. Although she was just stepping out of the group's van on the way to filming for SNL Korea, the Jellyfish Entertainment singer's bright complexion and radiating aura helped her stand out and shock fans with her visuals.

/

On the latest airing of SNL Korea 7, the girls of I.O.I made a guest appearance on the show where they unveiled their unique and individual member greetings to viewers.

Idol groups have unique greetings when taking the stage (i.e. "We're B.A.P, yes sir! Hello we're B.A.P," "Everyday Girl's Day! Hello we're Girl's Day") which has extended to individual members as well with short descriptions of themselves before revealing their names.

With I.O.I being one of the most anticipated girl groups to debut, recently having done so with their title track "Dream Girls," this is the first time the group has greeted viewers and revealed their nicknames through introduction.

The episode aired on May 7th.

' Emotionless/Buddha Statue' Nayoung
'Penguin' Sohye
'Joo Jae Duk' Jieqiong
'Daeng (Clueless)' Chaeyeon
'Vitamin' Somi
'Uncle' Sejeong
'Juice Girl' Mina
'Alcohol' Chungha*
'Wink Fairy' Yoojung
'Cider Vocal' Yeonjung
'Little Jun Ji Hyun' Doyeon

* Chungha is the name of an alcohol drink brand.

/