Articles /6/

/

Another controversy has stirred up about IOI, this time about their extreme tardiness.

On May 12, IOI was scheduled to perform at Sejong University at 10 PM. The group was originally planned to kick off the event as the first act. However, IOI arrived more than 1 hour and 30 minutes late, changes in the stage order. As a result, senior group Epik High performed first before the rookie group.

Around 1,000 people attended the event to see the girl group's first university performance. According to reports, the reason they were tardy was due to their variety show recording for JTBC's 'Late Marriage', which ended around 10 PM.

Angry netizens targeted IOI and YMC Entertainment with comments that said, "Isn't Epik High like extremely sunbae to them? There are 11 of them so it must take longer for them to get ready... Should've hurried a bit more.. I think their label has a lot of problems", "If 1000 people waited 1 hr and 30 mins then its like wasting 1500 hours total. They should give them a refund", "There's a reason the manager yelled at them", etc.

It seems like lately, IOI are constantly engaged in controversial issues. We hope the girls can complete their promotions with no further trouble!

/

After news broke out about IOI being tardy to a university event and being replaced by senior group Epik High for the first act of the show, YMC Entertainment has released an official statement to explain the actual occurrence of events.

On May 13, YMC Entertainment stated, "The arrival time that the event coordinator asked of us was 10:30 PM KST. IOI arrived at the site earlier than this given time, and went on stage after accepting the coordinators' requests to host a photo time with the university students."

The coordinators of the event also added on the matter, "If IOI had been late, we would have filed a report ourselves. They were not tardy, and because there was a delay in the process of preparing for the stage due to the large number of members, Epik High took to the stage first after agreement between the two teams."

That cleared it up for us!

/

Since making their debut, Produce101's girl group IOI has become one of the most popular new groups in the industry. As the group will only be promoting together for a year, however, they've been extremely busy participating in as many broadcasts and events as possible. With so many activities, however, fans are claiming that the girls are clearly being overworked, as evident in their overbooked schedule. For example, one day the group had rehearsals until 2AM, only to have to wake up and go to an event the very next morning at 7AM. With so much work in so little time, fans even noticed that members falling asleep during performances.

/

Fans have uncovered another idol who allegedly resembles miss A's Suzy during her earlier days following her debut.

According to a fan on an online community board, I.O.I member Chaeyeon has the feel of a younger Suzy. While the two do have differences when it comes to their visual, the look in their eyes, their smiles and the aura the two hold seems similar to one another.

Meanwhile, I.O.I is currently promoting their title track "Dream Girls" and has been seen on various broadcast shows including SNL Korea 7, Sugarman and more.

/

Another controversy has popped up surrounding the young Jeon Somi of girl group I.O.I due to an image capture from a Korean game that has been circulating online.

A character based on the young idol was discovered on the Korean mobile first person shooter (FPS) game by Kakao, Gray Basin (백발백중). Additionally, it is the same game I.O.I has been recruited to model for.

Recently, the character skin for Jeon Somi was made available, however, fans have voiced out dissatisfaction with it as some deemed it too "sexy" for a 15-year old (Jeon Somi: March 9, 2001), adding that it was too revealing for someone her age. Wearing a skin tight suit made up of a black tank top, pants, boots and biker gloves while holding a large machine gun in her hand.

/