Articles /11/

/

I.O.I’s maknae Jeon Somi will unfortunately be unable to perform with her group at June 2’s KCON France concert.

YMC Entertainment officially announced to fans on June 2 that Jeon Somi won’t be taking to the stage at tonight’s show. The concert’s organizers MNet explain that they did their best to secure a minor’s working permit for Jeon Somi (who is 15 years old), but were unable to do so in the time available. They apologize to fans who were excited to see all eleven members together on stage.

Although she will not be able to perform at the concert, Jeon Somi is currently in France with her other members, where she has been spotted by fans. I.O.I are performing at KCON France along with BTS, Block B, SHINee, FTISLAND, and f(x), and the show will be hosted by Super Junior’s Leeteuk.

/

On June 3, various reports claimed that I.O.I’s Kim Sejeong will be making her solo debut sometime during the first week of July.

However, her agency Jellyfish Entertainment refuted the reports and stated, “There is no truth to the reports about Kim Sejeong having a solo debut. Kim Sejeong is currently with I.O.I participating in a performance in Paris. She will continue working hard under I.O.I until the end.”

Kim Sejeong ended up being one of 11 members in Mnet’s project group after appearing on the survival reality show “Produce 101.” While she is a Jellyfish Entertainment trainee, YMC Entertainment is in charge of managing I.O.I.

Following their performance at KCON France, I.O.I will be performing at Dream Concert on June 4. The group is expected to start unit group promotions soon afterwards.

/

On June 3, a report concerning I.O.I’s Kim Sohye planning on starting acting was released. It claimed that her agency was planning to have her act if she received any good lovecalls for acting projects during a period that I.O.I is inactive.

Furthermore, the article stated that Kim Sohye was originally a trainee to become an actress. Apparently, I.O.I is planning on having two group promotions and two unit group promotions before the group disbands in January 2017. The unit group members have not been confirmed yet.

However, her agency Redline Entertainment denied the report and said, “It’s not true that Kim Sohye is considering acting during a period when I.O.I is inactive. It appears as though they were misinformed due to her past comments on a show about wanting to act.”

The agency representative continued, “It’s true that when [trainees] are young they concentrate on singing, dancing, and acting. Kim Sohye will focus on I.O.I promotions for now.”

Previously, Kim Sohye was a contestant on Mnet’s “Produce 101″ and went on to become a member of the project group I.O.I.

Kim Sejeong was also rumored to make a solo debut earlier. What are your thoughts on these reports?

/

Remember how two undetermined IOI members were going to film 'Hello'?

The two members have already filmed the episode, and it's none other than Choi Yoojung and Zhou Jieqiong! The pair of them were guests on the show along with Son Ho YoungMoon Ji Ae, and Jung Woo Yeol.

/
I.O.I has wrapped up promotions for "Dream Girls"!

The girls had their final stage at the '2016 Dream Concert'. The girls performed both "Pick Me" and "Dream Girls", and Sejung had a special stage with Red Velvet's Seulgi, FIESTAR's YeziG-Friend's Yuju, and Oh My Girl's Seunghee.

But no need to be sad, because the girls will be back soon! YMC Entertainment revealed that the next set of promotions for the girls is a unit promotion. 

Which of the girls would you like to see together in a unit?

/