Articles /9/

/

On the May 17 episode of JTBC's "With You," I.O.I's Kim Sejeong talks about her family and childhood.

She opens up and shares, "When my family first came up to Seoul we lived in a house that was about 12 pyong (approximately 40 square meters)? We lived off my aunt's house."

Kim Sejeong continues, "My mom had a variety of jobs. She delivered milk, was a tutor, and had different jobs before finally becoming an accountant. She started [being an accountant] when she was over 40 years old. Seeing this, I gained strength [from her]."

The singer also talks about her decision to be a singer and confesses, "The problem was I wasn't sure about singing as my path. I was really scared to bring it up to my mom at first. This was because I have to repay my mom for everything she's done for me, and if I fail as a singer I won't be able to. But I wanted to sing that much.

She further reveals, "After telling my mom she said, 'It's your life so why worry about me. Do what you want to do.' That's when I decided to take a path that's not shameful to my mom."

Kim Sejeong also discussed her parents and how they divorced when she was young. She shares, "I wasn't in touch with my dad until I was in my third year of middle school, but I met him 10 years since I saw him last at that time."

/

On May 22 a picture of I.O.I member, Jeon Somi, and her younger sister was posted onto the Instagram account managed by their family.

In the photo, the sisters sport v-signs and cute wide-eyed facial expressions. The photo has been gaining attention as Somi's younger sister, Evelyn Douma, is a cookie-cutter image of her older sister.

Netizens responded to the post by commenting, "Somi, hope you have a good time with your sister" and "They look so cute and lovely."

Fans can check out more pictures of Somi's cute little sister on the family's Instagram account.

/

I.O.I's Choi Yoojung and Kim Doyeon have been accepted into Seoul Performing Arts High School.

The two idols recently applied for transfer to the leading arts high school. Until now, both of them attended school outside of Seoul, with Choi Yoojung enrolled in Guri Girls' High School and Kim Doyeon in Sangji Girls' High School. However, as most of I.O.I's promotional activities take place in Seoul, they have found it difficult to attend their classes and ultimately made the decision to transfer schools.

Choi Yoojung will be majoring in practical dance, while Kim Doyeon has been accepted into the acting arts division. They are expected to enroll in the school in early June.

Fellow I.O.I members Kang Mina and Pinky, as well as other "Produce 101″ trainees, are also attending Seoul Performing Arts High School.

/

A sasaeng fan of I.O.I recently uploaded photos of members Kim Sejeong and Yoo Yeonjeong in a bathroom on an online community site.

In the photos, it appears as though Kim Sejeong is following a staff member's directions out of the bathroom and Yoo Yeonjeong is seen looking at a mirror inside a bathroom. Although this is a clear invasion of their privacy, the members stay composed and smile at their fans.

Fans have criticized the taking and posting of these photos due to overstepping boundaries. Many netizens have spoken against these actions and called the fan who posted these photos a sasaeng fan.

It appears as though the photos were taken on May 22 when I.O.I had a fansign event.

What are your thoughts on this situation?

/

I.O.I's Jeon Somi and her father Matthew Douma are set to guest on an upcoming episode of KBS2TV's "Happy Together 3."

According to a representative of KBS, the daughter and father will participate in a shoot for the show on May 28. The theme of the episode will be "Blood Is Thicker Than Water."

Active both in the photography and acting industry, Matthew Douma made the headlines earlier this year for his cameo in the hit drama "Descendants of the Sun." Meanwhile, Jeon Somi is currently promoting I.O.I's debut track "Dream Girls" as well as pursuing individual activities.

Other guests confirmed for this "Happy Together" episode are the siblings of Akdong Musician and actor Lee Dong Jun with his son Lee Ui Min. The episode is expected to air in early June.

/